Meanwhile, in D.C.... some KY HS students going full maga [More Info has cast some doubts] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolaspe

Bury me in smoke...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
A group of 'Catholic' HS students from Covington Catholic HS in KY decided to do this after attending the right to life rally decked out in maga crap... Utterly disgusting, yet not surprising behavior to a Native American and Vietnam Vet....

Dragon

Official SR Twitter Team
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That "mothers" account is another troll account ! Take a step back and take a deep breath and think rationally for a moment.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Could have fooled me. You keep carrying on about a fake Twitter account then acting like you dont care. You want so bad for all of this to be real. Pathetic...
I don't want any of it to be real. What are you talking about? I did a simple search of the handle and it pulled up all of the tweets with that handle in the mentions. That was before you told me to do more research. I didn't take an interest in the post that showed the fake tweet other than to see if the account was active. Period. https://twitter.com/search?q=@GauchoGuacamole&src=tyah

Yeah, pathetic.

simeon58

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Yea, I’m missing the nuance.

The white kids in MAGA hats must be the worst people here, because politics..,

This irrelevant group of black extremists are causing the rest of us to fight over nothing.

Anyone who thinks I’m equating the KKK and this group of black extremists is missing the nuance.

Keep fighting each other. IDGAF
Saying “if the kids were black, and the 4 individuals were klansmen things would be different” is not nuanced. If you continue with that thought experiment, it instantly devolves into something so ridiculous, that it isn’t worth discussing. It’s a bad point.

For example, say 200 black students were being told “you’re a bunch of ignorant monkeys that belong back in slavery” by a group of klansmen on the steps of Lincoln Memorial. Do you think that carries the same vitriol these men were speaking with? Let’s say they began surrounding them. Do you think their parents would have the resources to lawyer up and send out a PR firm? Do you even think a group of black students would attempt something like that knowing their relationship to law enforcement? It’s absurd. These kids weren’t intimidated. They were the intimidators.

We understand what you’re saying; we disagree with you. Full stop.

SLICKYINC

Shadowbanned
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Just like all those times that we have "blackout" games at the dome (considering black is one of our primary team colors) that people use blackface as part of the blackout, right? I've seen that...never. And this school's colors are apparently blue, white and red. What are they even doing having blackout games? You can believe what you want, but I'll take my own interpretation of the picture showing white kids painted in black screaming at and even stepping on the court to try to intimidate a black kid who was unfortunate enough to have to play against these fools and my personal experience with never seeing anyone use blackface at a blackout game to call shenanigans on your excuse for them.
You want this to be real too... Let it go, step back for a minute and think about it...

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just like all those times that we have "blackout" games at the dome (considering black is one of our primary team colors) that people use blackface as part of the blackout, right? I've seen that...never. And this school's colors are apparently blue, white and red. What are they even doing having blackout games? You can believe what you want, but I'll take my own interpretation of the picture showing white kids painted in black screaming at and even stepping on the court to try to intimidate a black kid who was unfortunate enough to have to play against these fools and my personal experience with never seeing anyone use blackface at a blackout game to call shenanigans on your excuse for them.
I know it’s a weak excuse. I was just trying to explain away something. Weak I know

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I know it’s a weak excuse. I was just trying to explain away something. Weak I know
It's all good, man. I had nothing but my own anecdotal experience to draw from when it comes to blackout games and it just has never looked like that picture - and especially for a high school game. My high school colors were black and yellow and we had blackout games. Granted, we didn't have massive crowds at basketball games like they do in KY because basketball just isn't nearly as popular in the NOLA area and our football team was always bad so attendance there was pretty small as well.

The PR spin from the firm hired by the smirking kid's family just really got under my skin when hearing what were supposedly the words of a high school junior being read on the news and sounding exactly like something a lawyer would write. And that PR spin got the majority of those critical of the actions by the students mocking Phillips to shut up and pretend like they didn't see what they did with their own two eyes. Then to see pictures like the one I saw first thing this morning and reading about the earlier confrontation the MAGA students had catcalling a couple of girls before the next confrontation with Phillips pissed me off. Supposedly, the chaperones not only allowed but also encouraged the chants and enticing the black Hebrew whatever group to keep their confrontation going until the buses arrived. If the chaperones had acted like Christian adults, they'd have told the kids to just ignore them and wait for the bus to go home. Instead, they did the opposite.

Reading and seeing all of that first thing this morning just made the whole incident with Phillips even more ridiculous since he admits to walking up to the group of students to get them to stop the back and forth confrontation by putting himself and their singing and drumming between the two groups. He does that and then they go on to mock him and his culture. The entire scene is disgusting. The kids were disgusting. The black Hebrews were disgusting. And even Phillips was a bit disgusting with his initial account that made it seem like the group of kids surrounded him and tried to impede him from just marching down the street and he only admitted to getting between the two intentionally after the full length video came out. He is the one who carries the least liability in this whole thing, IMO, but not complete absolution either (he was eventually surrounded by the time the smirking kid got up from the back of the crowd to stare him down.). From the videos of him after being right in front of the MAGA group, it seems like he was only there for a few minutes and then moved along to the march's end point at the Lincoln Memorial (at the top of the steps in the background of the video).

EDIT: Apparently only half of my response was posted because my computer just kinda froze when I hit the post reply button, so I just added the rest so it makes sense.

Last edited:

SLICKYINC

Shadowbanned
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
It's all good, man. I had nothing but my own anecdotal experience to draw from when it comes to blackout games and it just has never looked like that picture - and especially for a high school game.

The PR spin from the firm hired by the smirking kid's family just really got under my skin when hearing what were supposedly the words of a high school junior being read on the news and sounding exactly like something a lawyer would write. And that PR spin got the majority of those critical of the actions by the students mocking Phillips to shut up and pretend like they didn't see what they did with their own two eyes. Then to see pictures like the one I saw first thing this morning and reading about the earlier
Maybe the NCAA should look into UGA with its racist fans. Can't believe they'd let these students dress up in blackface...

uga.jpg

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's all good, man. I had nothing but my own anecdotal experience to draw from when it comes to blackout games and it just has never looked like that picture - and especially for a high school game. My high school colors were black and yellow and we had blackout games. Granted, we didn't have massive crowds at basketball games like they do in KY because basketball just isn't nearly as popular in the NOLA area and our football team was always bad so attendance there was pretty small as well.

The PR spin from the firm hired by the smirking kid's family just really got under my skin when hearing what were supposedly the words of a high school junior being read on the news and sounding exactly like something a lawyer would write. And that PR spin got the majority of those critical of the actions by the students mocking Phillips to shut up and pretend like they didn't see what they did with their own two eyes. Then to see pictures like the one I saw first thing this morning and reading about the earlier confrontation the MAGA students had catcalling a couple of girls before the next confrontation with Phillips pissed me off. Supposedly, the chaperones not only allowed but also encouraged the chants and enticing the black Hebrew whatever group to keep their confrontation going until the buses arrived. If the chaperones had acted like Christian adults, they'd have told the kids to just ignore them and wait for the bus to go home. Instead, they did the opposite.

Reading and seeing all of that first thing this morning just made the whole incident with Phillips even more ridiculous since he admits to walking up to the group of students to get them to stop the back and forth confrontation by putting himself and their singing and drumming between the two groups. He does that and then they go on to mock him and his culture. The entire scene is disgusting. The kids were disgusting. The black Hebrews were disgusting. And even Phillips was a bit disgusting with his initial account that made it seem like the group of kids surrounded him and tried to impede him from just marching down the street and he only admitted to getting between the two intentionally after the full length video came out. He is the one who carries the least liability in this whole thing, IMO, but not complete absolution either (he was eventually surrounded by the time the smirking kid got up from the back of the crowd to stare him down.). From the videos of him after being right in front of the MAGA group, it seems like he was only there for a few minutes and then moved along to the march's end point at the Lincoln Memorial (at the top of the steps in the background of the video).

EDIT: Apparently only half of my response was posted because my computer just kinda froze when I hit the post reply button, so I just added the rest so it makes sense.
I agree with you completely and think exactly as you do. That’s one thing people need to learn. There is always a camera at these events now. You cannot hide. So either leave yourself out of them, be smart about it, or own your actions. This group has done none of the three

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone who wears a MAGA hat should know that is a point of provocation. Those kids knew what they were doing

It's always best to avoid politics and religion in social settings where you don't know the people. Wearing a MAGA hat or a "lock him up" shirt is tantamount to walking into a benign social setting and screaming the Nword.

It's nothing more than an attempt to inflame and anyone who doesn't see it is an idiot. Those kids were out to proudly proclaim their political feelings and insult anyone who might not like it. The black israelies are insane idiots out to provoke anyone willing to be provoked.

All sides bear some blame, but given the state of our politics today I think the outcome is to be expected and, frankly, for a bunch of MAGA hat wearing right-wing theocrat kids I think they managed pretty well without attacking the other folks, but
that smirky little punk front and center couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag and is very lucky he didn't run into someone who might have wiped that smirk off his face.

Cooler heads prevailed. Maybe there's something to those peace drums....

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, I’m missing the nuance.

The white kids in MAGA hats must be the worst people here, because politics..,

This irrelevant group of black extremists are causing the rest of us to fight over nothing.

Anyone who thinks I’m equating the KKK and this group of black extremists is missing the nuance.

Keep fighting each other. IDGAF
Never implied they were the worst people ever, in fact, besides that response and one about Trumpism requiring an acceptance of racist signaling and appeals, the only other post I think I have made was to post that Adam Serwer tweet that was arguing against putting too much blame on the kids. Though on a side note, this whole victimizing them thing is getting pretty gross. They are old enough to know what they were doing to that native American and not a one told the others to knock off the bigoted mocking or intimidation attempts.

And I'm not all that interested in a semantics argument but it was you that brought the KKK into this. And made that comparison as well....Though I didn't literally think you are calling them one for one. Just to be clear. Just wanting to emphasize why they are not a comparison I think it fair to reach for at all really. But I get your intent.

I think if we are reaching for comparisons the black Israelites(not all, but some of these more extreme sects) would be akin to Westboro Baptist.

Each new day is dumber than the day before. Ad infinitum.

Disgusting....Remember earlier in this thread when people were talking about Trump being an umbrella for racism? This is a perfect example of that. You might not be a racist, but you have to have a willingness to accept it.

Last edited:

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
Never said they were the worst people ever, in fact, besides that response and one about Trumpism requiring an acceptance of racist signaling and appeals, the only other post I think I have made was to post that Adam Serwer tweet that was arguing against putting too much blame on the kids. Though this whole victimizing them thing is getting pretty gross. They are old enough to know what they were doing to that native American and not a one told the others to knock of the bigoted mocking or intimidation attempts.

And I'm not all that interested in a semantics argument but it was you that brought the KKK into this. And made that comparison as well.

I think if we are reaching for comparisons the black Israelites(not all, but some of these more extreme sects) would be akin to Westboro Baptist.

Disgusting....Remember earlier in this thread when people were talking about Trump being an umbrella for racism? This is a perfect example of that. You might not be a racist, but you have to have a willingness to accept it.
Replacing the KKK with Westboro works for me. Probably would have prevented the side discussion over the analogy.

I’m not trying to victimize the kids as far as the encounter goes. They were being snotty teenagers like entitled teens of wealthy families often are. They are probably racist and I doubt I’d want my son associating with any of them.

I do believe they are victims as far as the media exposure of this encounter. None of us should even know about this. These kids weren’t targeting these native Americans. The native Americans showed up to a confrontation in progress and communicated in a way that left too much up to interpretation. The boys prejudiced perception caused them to assume the group was joining the confrontation against them.

If the black extremists had not been there, I doubt there would have been any significant interaction between the Native Americans and the boys. They would have just passed each other by. Sure, some of the boys might have snickered or joked to eachother, but not in a way the Native Americans would have noticed.

Extremism is the reason this is part of our national discourse. The black extremists group being there allowed extremism to metastasize to those other two groups present, and through social media it’s infecting us all.

The core points of privilege and racism are important, but this event isn’t the correct one to frame the debate around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Joe OKC Political Discussion Board 51

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom