Meanwhile, in D.C.... some KY HS students going full maga [More Info has cast some doubts] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolaspe

Bury me in smoke...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
A group of 'Catholic' HS students from Covington Catholic HS in KY decided to do this after attending the right to life rally decked out in maga crap... Utterly disgusting, yet not surprising behavior to a Native American and Vietnam Vet....

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Replacing the KKK with Westboro works for me. Probably would have prevented the side discussion over the analogy.

I’m not trying to victimize the kids as far as the encounter goes. They were being snotty teenagers like entitled teens of wealthy families often are. They are probably racist and I doubt I’d want my son associating with any of them.

I do believe they are victims as far as the media exposure of this encounter. None of us should even know about this. These kids weren’t targeting these native Americans. The native Americans showed up to a confrontation in progress and communicated in a way that left too much up to interpretation. The boys prejudiced perception caused them to assume the group was joining the confrontation against them.

If the black extremists had not been there, I doubt there would have been any significant interaction between the Native Americans and the boys. They would have just passed each other by. Sure, done if the boys might have snickered or joked to eachother, but not in a way the National be Americans would have noticed.

Extremism is the reason this is part of our national discourse. The black extremists group being there allowed extremism to metastasize to those other two groups present, and through social media it’s infecting is all.

The core points of privilege and racism are important, but this event isn’t the correct one to frame the debate around.
IDK, there were other videos, including i think posted in here with these same kids being hostile to random people. Screaming "build that wall" and making intimidating comments to at least ones set of girls walking by.

These kids clearly are little racists, shirt starters, feeling emboldened by a leader that both encourages and enables this type of behavior and signals that it is ok(including inviting them as victims to the White House). The adults perhaps should of acted their age, but the teens were not some innocent set of actors here. Their behavior is condemnable on it's own merits and self chosen behaviors.

They weren't targeting these native Americans but once Phillip showed up they were attempting to intimidate and mock them, and there is no reason to assume it was defensive in nature. Nor would that be justified either. They could of simply walked away. They could of self-policed.

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
IDK, there were other videos, including i think posted in here with these same kids being hostile to random people. Screaming "build that wall" and making intimidating comments to at least ones set of girls walking by.

These kids clearly are little racists, shirt starters, feeling emboldened by a leader that both encourages and enables this type of behavior and signals that it is ok(including inviting them as victims to the White House). The adults perhaps should of acted their age, but the teens were not some innocent set of actors here. Their behavior is condemnable on it's own merits and self chosen behaviors.

They weren't targeting these native Americans but once Phillip showed up they were attempting to intimidate and mock them, and there is no reason to assume it was defensive in nature. Nor would that be justified either. They could of simply walked away. They could of self-policed.
Yea. That’s how I would expect those boys to act when a girl walks by. It’s not ok, but not an event that warrants national attention.

SaintInBucLand

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Yea. That’s how I would expect those boys to act when a girl walks by. It’s not ok, but not an event that warrants national attention.
Why not? Toxic masculinity is a problem and needs to be exposed and shamed whenever possible, even on the national level.

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
But he's an elder..

It's really not hard to accept a wealth of video evidence at this point.

Correction: Earlier versions of this story incorrectly said that Native American activist Nathan Phillips fought in the Vietnam War. Phillips served in the U.S. Marines from 1972 to 1976 but was never deployed to Vietnam.
What is also not hard to believe is the depths and lengths some of you will go to defend Trump and racism, including quoting a person who himself is playing loose with context to paint an incorrect picture.....Including trying to vilify a Native American that we all stole from and massacred his people(that these kids defended and mocked), that did serve in the Marines even if he didnt see combat in Vietnam, that peacefully sought to diffuse a situation and has every right to spit on the very erected monuments he chose peace over blood while standing on. Or the country he signed his life up for despite every right to rise up against it.

Some of you are truly gross.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Terribly Vexed
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe your definition of racist is . . . off.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism
Nope, seems to fit #3 perfectly. Maybe try reading the entire definition. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit:

Let us define the correct word as well.....

NOUN

• A person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Last edited:

SLICKYINC

Shadowbanned
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
It's really not hard to accept a wealth of video evidence at this point.

Correction: Earlier versions of this story incorrectly said that Native American activist Nathan Phillips fought in the Vietnam War. Phillips served in the U.S. Marines from 1972 to 1976 but was never deployed to Vietnam.
What is also not hard to believe is the depths and lengths some of you will go to defend Trump and racism, including quoting a person who himself is playing loose with context to paint an incorrect picture.....Including trying to vilify a Native American that we all stole from and massacred his people, that did serve in the Marines even if he didnt see combat in Vietnam, that peacefully sought to diffuse a situation and has every right to spit on the very erected monuments he chose peace over blood while standing on. Or the country he signed his life up for despite every right to rise up against it.

Some of you are truly despicable.
None of this nonsense is even necessary. As usual, you're ranting about the sky to the trees..

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
None of this nonsense is even necessary. As usual, you're ranting about the sky to the trees..

You're right, so quit indirectly defending racists and vilifying a peaceful man mediating between two groups of bigots to defend a race-baiting, xenophobic president's movement by spamming an intentionally out-of-context tweet meant to prop up that racist tribe you identity with.

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
But he's an elder..

Speaking of Nonsense. Did he claim he was a Vietnam vet? I'll admit, I haven't consumed every single second of this, but in his interview, did he ever say that? Or did the news accidentally assume, because he was a marine during that time, that he was a Vietnam vet?

So, depending on that answer, why are you saying, "But he's an elder"?

SLICKYINC

Shadowbanned
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
You're right, so quit indirectly defending racists and vilifying a peaceful man mediating between two groups of bigots to defend a race-baiting, xenophobic president's movement by spamming an intentionally out-of-context tweet meant to prop up that racist tribe you identity with.
How many times are you going to break your own rule?

SLICKYINC

Shadowbanned
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Nonsense. Did he claim he was a Vietnam vet? I'll admit, I haven't consumed every single second of this, but in his interview, did he ever say that? Or did the news accidentally assume, because he was a marine during that time, that he was a Vietnam vet?

So, depending on that answer, why are you saying, "But he's an elder"?
Point being that this guy is supposed to be an elder (adult) in his Tribe, yet seems as though a lot of people have an issue with the adults that were occupying these youngsters for not steering them in a different direction. That road goes both ways. As far as his Vietnam status, I've seen it reported 2 ways.

This guy doesn't get a pass just because he's of a certain decent. After all, he was the one who instigated it and walked up in their face banging a drum..

SLICKYINC

Shadowbanned
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Enlighten me slick, what is it you want to deflect attention away from your shirtty racist apologist drive by tweet with?
Seriously bud, drop the whole racist thing it's quite annoying and doesn't prop up your flawed argument, if anything, it's a bad look.
You at one point in time said you'd never reply to me again. What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Joe OKC Political Discussion Board 51

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom