Meanwhile, in D.C.... some KY HS students going full maga [More Info has cast some doubts] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Ratings

DadsDream

We Wuz Robbed!
Ratings
I served.

Vietnam Veteran - Served in Vietnam between February 28, 1961, and May 7, 1975.
Vietnam Era Veteran - Served anywhere in the world between August 5, 1964, and May 7, 1975, used to determine benefit package eligibility with the Veteran's Administration .

Even veterans get confused by this, but it's the way the law is written. Give the elder a break, y'all.
Also, I don't believe the current generation of reporters would know the difference either.

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Ratings

Here is the link where he never says he is a Vietnam veteran.

A differnet interview. Never mentions Vietnam veteran.

https://newsmaven.io/indiancountryt...he-magayouth-incident-7wUkJHLjtUa2-k2Fx14MvQ/

And a third talking about where this came from

https://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=84414&cpage=1
He does mention it in the CNN interview. But I don't say this often these days, DD may have a point....or he(Phillips) may be embellishing/lying.

Which is wrong, yeah, but coming form people that are literally defending and cheering on Trump and his movement, there is a real deep sense of irony being missed to suddenly start complaining about someone embellishing their personal narrative. Or trying to use that as a critical flaw to question their very moral fabric and genuineness toward their stated cause.

Tapxe

Coalescing the vapors of human existence
Ratings
My only input to this is that anyone who (rightfully so) is willing to presume innocence on the part of these kids should take a long hard look in the mirror if they don't do the exact same when it's a person of color and vice versa.

DadsDream

We Wuz Robbed!
Ratings
He does mention it in the CNN interview. But I don't say this often these days, DD may have a point....or he(Phillips) may be embellishing/lying.
Or the young reporter may not have understood what was being said.

The Veterans’ Benefits Improvement Act of 1996, Public Law (P.L.) 104-275, Section 505, enacted October 9, 1996. REFERENCES: Title 38, U.S.C., Chapter 1, Section 101 (29) and Chapters 41 & 42, Sections 4101, 4211 and 4212.

BACKGROUND: P.L. 104-275 incorporates provisions from a multitude of different bills resulting from compromise agreements between the United States House of Representatives and Senate. This letter amends the definition of the Vietnam era for certain veterans.

Section 505 states:

(a) In General — Paragraph (29) of section 101 (of Title 38) is amended to read as follows:

(29) The term `Vietnam era’ means the following:

(A) The period beginning on February 28, 1961, and ending on May 7, 1975, in the case of a veteran who served in the Republic of Vietnam during that period.

(B) The period beginning on August 5, 1964, and ending on May 7, 1975, in all other cases.”

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Ratings
Some of you are judging people based upon their clothing and not their character. Judgemental? Hummm.

if you didn't want the racist label to "stick" to that hat, figure out a way to get racists to stop wearing it, especially while doing stupid stuff in front of cameras.
Maga hats are becoming the modern day swastika.

Oh My...

conservatives 2.jpg

simeon58

Pro-Bowler
Ratings
I guy served. I doubt it was his choice where he was stationed. This is stupid.

Same with trying to act like the kids are little angles. They're little shirts who where having fun agitating.

This whole situation is much ado about nothing. The only thing that should come of this is that the chaperones of the kids should face some consequences for letting the kids wear maga hats while representing the school and for not getting them out of there before this escalated.
This is going to be an anarchist flavored post, so hold your britches. Everything I'm about to say is my opinion, and it certainly has room to change. This is how I currently view recent events. I'll try not to make a value judgment at any point.

I agree that ultimately the chaperones should receive the brunt of the consequences. They should've removed the group from the situation.

I disagree that this is about nothing. I think the implications are broader when you examine the state of our society domestically, but also look at some international factors.

I can’t think of a time when White privilege and power has been more consistently confronted and called out within the society it dominates. With increasing frequency we're seeing powerful white people reap real consequences. White women getting doxxed and humiliated for calling the police on innocent black people, Chicago policeman convicted of murder, the mass introduction of body cams, powerful white journalists and actors getting exposed thanks to #metoo, people flocking to defend a Native American that stood toe-to-toe with the face of privilege, etc.

Add those things in with the open mocking of white culture by people 30 and below, the meteoric rise of minority political candidates, the face of White Supremacy (Donald Trump) being laughed at by the UN, the international scorn the world holds for the US Empire... I think we're seeing a paradigm shift away from White dominance. It certainly won't go quietly.

There are other factors, like the rise of Chinese economic power, but I'm not shooting to write a dissertation. These are just a few examples of a trend that I see. There are certainly anecdotes where power and privilege are still getting the upper-hand, but I think it's waning.

It's something I'm willing to be swayed on, and I welcome any discussion. I find it fascinating in many ways.

Last edited:

UTSaintsFan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
OMG.. Is it the magical MAGA Hats making these people say this?

Joe, I cannot explain why people would vote against their interests or why some support a proven bigot. It has happened since the advent of democracy and will continue, unfortunately. However, with this particular character, her credibility is about nil since she stated that blacks were doing better in the Jim Crow era than now, in her fumbling argument in support of Trump.

https://www.businessinsider.com/candace-owens-the-left-hates-america-and-trump-loves-it-2018-12

"And look, where are we at? Black Americans are doing worse off economically today than we were doing in the 1950s under Jim Crow. How is that possible? We've only been voting for one party since then," she added.
My guess as to why she supports a president that is endorsed by white nationalists? No idea, but she largely came to 'fame' through her vocal support for Trump and outlandish statements. Now she's the director of communications at the conservative advocacy group, Turning Point USA (after they faced allegations of racism). So it's kinda her job.

Moderator #255

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Ratings
Then just how do you classify Louis Farrakhan?
Merl this isn’t really the gotcha you may think it is. He’s a bigoted non-Trump supporter. There is a classic definition of a racist which holds that to be racist one must be part of the dominant race. If one holds bigoted views and is part of the disadvantaged race then they are prejudiced or bigoted. I’m sure I have this partially wrong, and of course not everyone accepts this definition. I’m just telling you this so you might understand why someone would say what Big L said.

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Ratings
Joe, I cannot explain why people would vote against their interests or why some support a proven bigot. It has happened since the advent of democracy and will continue, unfortunately. However, with this particular character, her credibility is about nil since she stated that blacks were doing better in the Jim Crow era than now, in her fumbling argument in support of Trump.

https://www.businessinsider.com/candace-owens-the-left-hates-america-and-trump-loves-it-2018-12

My guess as to why she supports a president that is endorsed by white nationalists? No idea, but she largely came to 'fame' through her vocal support for Trump and outlandish statements. Now she's the director of communications at the conservative advocacy group, Turning Point USA (after they faced allegations of racism). So it's kinda her job.

@UTSaintsFan I have to say that I find the tone of your post very refreshing. I would like to commend you on a good post sir. I read it a couple times.

My photos and link were directed on how silly it is of the comments that wearing a MAGA hat makes you Racist... No more than wearing a Hillary Shirt makes someone a Communist.

And I just found Larry Elder for the First time. I like the guy.. He seems to make sense. I have to do a little more research on her. But one thing is for certain. She knows that being a Republican is a money maker for her and that's Capitalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom