Meanwhile, in Ohio (1 Viewer)

its astounding how much power the Rail companies have over the Federal government.

That last video talks soley about hydrogen chloride ( as a by product of burning ) - which in and of itself is bad enough.

But the other by product is phosgene...which is also toxic.

So by BURNING this stuff off, Norfolk Southern actually CREATED two toxic agents and released them into air.

How in the WORLD does the feds, NS or anyone else, in 2023, not have a better way of disposing the vinyl chloride in its liquid state????

Ill be looking for that Frontline documentary in 2024
There probably is a better way, but this way is less expensive for the railroad.

There probably is a better way, but this way is less expensive for the railroad.
until they get that class action lawsuit in 10-15 years for the thousands of people they are gonna give liver cancer.

until they get that class action lawsuit in 10-15 years for the thousands of people they are gonna give liver cancer.

which gives them 10-15 years of massive profit, CEO/BoD, execs get PAID over that time, get "relieved of duty" ( with a golden parachute ) and NS settles for a few billion to be split among 1000s AFTER attorneys take their agreed upon fee.

SOP. Standard Operating Procedure.

Oh and when called before Congressional hearing its " im not aware of that Senator" .

It is just hard to accept that a railroad company can tell the EPA to get out! WTH?!
Norfolk Southern has donated (bribed) over 2 million dollars to federal and local legislators in just the last 2 years. This is life in an oligarchy

It seems weird to me that the railroads are mostly privately owned, but the roads are mostly public.

I'm only bringing it up because it seems like in situations like this, if they were owned by the public, we would have more information than we are getting now.

Norfolk Southern has donated (bribed) over 2 million dollars to federal and local legislators in just the last 2 years. This is life in an oligarchy
+1

I was just about to reply "follow the money." It's true. Just look up who the principle owners and officers are, and where their money is going, and you'll quickly figure out how they get to do what they want and enjoy government officials' help in covering it up (and party usually doesn't matter as they'll play both sides).

This is worrisome.. The Ohio River basin provides potable drinking water to more than 30 million people.

Fo3ytEwWIBMmsDx

This is a really good video I watched a few months ago on America's train networks. It goes into a bunch of the issues with the current system.

local news in toledo today emphasized we're up wind and don't share a common water table.

"so jeff------- what's the weather look like for tomorrow?"

The Houston one was caused by a collision with a truck. Not sure about SC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom