Meanwhile, in Yemen... (1 Viewer)

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
RIP to the Seal lost and speedy recoveries to the others injured... women and an 8 yr old female US citizen amongst the dead...

SEAL, American Girl Die in First Trump-Era U.S. Military Raid - NBC News

An MV-22 Osprey experienced a hard landing near the site, injuring several SEALs, one severely. The tilt-rotor aircraft had to be destroyed. A SEAL was killed during the firefight on the ground, as were some noncombatants, including females.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Indeed: RIP to the Seal and hopes that we find a better way. Dead little girls make a great recruiting tool. Not to mention the narrative that the US is hunting down this one dude's family.

Reaction score
Indeed: RIP to the Seal and hopes that we find a better way. Dead little girls make a great recruiting tool. Not to mention the narrative that the US is hunting down this one dude's family.
The loss of life is tragic. I hope Trump realizes that his comment about needing to kill the families of terrorists is going to be tied to this as a powerful recruiting tool that will lead to more, tragic losses of life. I hope everyone starts to understand that words absolutely matter.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The little girl was an American citizen. She joins her 16 year old brother and university professor father, both executed in separate drone strikes, as American citizens executed on foreign soil by presidential order without a trial. Maybe some that argued against me that it was ok to do under presidential order now understand why I had reservations about setting a policy that said POTUS had the power to execute any American on his sole discretion with no court hearing. Trump is now behind those decisions.

Reaction score
The little girl was an American citizen. She joins her 16 year old brother and university professor father, both executed in separate drone strikes, as American citizens executed on foreign soil by presidential order without a trial. Maybe some that argued against me that it was ok to do under presidential order now understand why I had reservations about setting a policy that said POTUS had the power to execute any American on his sole discretion with no court hearing. Trump is now behind those decisions.
Obama backtracking on his promise to repeal the Patriot Act lost my support. His request for a legal briefing justifying killing Americans without trial is what turned me against him. I also have equal disdain for the fact that they have the power to unilaterally declared any citizen of the planet an enemy combatant and kill them without any external oversight.

I warned my friends that government officials don't seek powers they don't intend to use. Anyone that thinks these policies have not and will not be abused obviously slept through their American history classes.

Absolute power may corrupt, but those seeking absolute power are already corrupt.

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Yemen is a mess. Saudi Arabia has been targeting civilian infrastructure like hospitals, schools, and especially farms in violation of the Geneva convention. The US has been supporting them with our in air refueling capabilities during these bombing campaigns.

Starvation is now rampant in Yemen due to this war and the ongoing destruction of the food production capabilities.

Its bad when Russia and Syria do it, and its bad when US and Saudi Arabia do it.

Reaction score
Yemen is a mess. Saudi Arabia has been targeting civilian infrastructure like hospitals, schools, and especially farms in violation of the Geneva convention. The US has been supporting them with our in air refueling capabilities during these bombing campaigns.

Starvation is now rampant in Yemen due to this war and the ongoing destruction of the food production capabilities.

Its bad when Russia and Syria do it, and its bad when US and Saudi Arabia do it.
The atrocities committed by terrorists and authoritarian regimes, who are Islamic, are inexcusable. But the Western nations and Israel have no moral high ground when you objectively look at some of the atrocities that they've committed in their war on terror. Neither side is going to kill it's way to peace, the sooner all sides accept that the better off everyone will be. Sadly, I think some of the leadership on all sides are invested in preventing peace.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't feel comfortable laying these on Obama's feet so I'm not going to lay them in Trump's
It's just a bad policy across the board and seems to do way more harm (deaths of innocents + creating additional enemies) than good

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
The atrocities committed by terrorists and authoritarian regimes, who are Islamic, are inexcusable. But the Western nations and Israel have no moral high ground when you objectively look at some of the atrocities that they've committed in their war on terror. Neither side is going to kill it's way to peace, the sooner all sides accept that the better off everyone will be. Sadly, I think some of the leadership on all sides are invested in preventing peace.
"You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace." - Michael Franti

Reaction score
I didn't feel comfortable laying these on Obama's feet so I'm not going to lay them in Trump's
It's just a bad policy across the board and seems to do way more harm (deaths of innocents + creating additional enemies) than good
I have no idea what individuals are responsible for what and think that it's as much a systemic problem as a individual problem.

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
I can't imagine why so many poor, jobless, illiterate people in that area of the world want to kill Americans...

VDK

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
NBC reporting this was a brand new mission cooked up by Trump, and not a hold over, and I think ABC says the same.

SEAL, American Girl Die in First Trump-Era U.S. Military Raid - NBC News

I still say the pattern is linked, but since whether it was a hold over order had been brought up figured this was a relevant update.
Is there video of Trump essentially saying we should target family members of terrorists? If so, it'll be added to their propaganda cache.

Saintamaniac

Purple & Gold for Life
Reaction score
Is there video of Trump essentially saying we should target family members of terrorists? If so, it'll be added to their propaganda cache.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WWiaYQUV2oM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom