Meat Loaf - RIP (1 Viewer)

Passed away peacefully at age 74.
Played the heck out of “Bat out of Hell” as a teenager. Surprised to read it is in the top 10 all-time best selling albums. What a great voice.
This was a great back seat song…hazy recollection back to 1981, but my virginity was lost to either this song or Open Arms by Journey. I do remember that the whole experience didn’t make it to the end of the song…:)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Eddie!!! My husband is going to be legit upset. He's always loved Meat.

"Paradise by the Dashboard Light" is our karaoke go to.

Last edited:
Passed away peacefully at age 74.
Played the heck out of “Bat out of Hell” as a teenager. Surprised to read it is in the top 10 all-time best selling albums. What a great voice.
To finish the triptych…probably the best song on the album.

Little known fact:

Meatloaf was technically a Motown artist, same as Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross and Stevie Wonder

Meat Loaf's musical history is pretty fantastic. He was a hippie jam band guy opening for so many great acts, then he was in the cast of Hair, Rocky Horror, then Bat out of Hell, etc.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were the opening act for the original Bat out of Hell tour.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom