Meat of the week (1 Viewer)

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Free-Range Chicken

farmsd5.gif

Free Range is a method of farming husbandry where the animals are permitted to roam freely instead of being contained in any manner. The principle is to allow the animals as much freedom as possible, to live out their instinctual behaviours in a reasonably natural way, regardless of whether or not they are eventually killed for meat. One of the many uses of free range animals is for some rudimentary insect population control in the free range area.

http://www.mercola.com/forms/chicken.htm

I'm all for it then maybe our daughters will stop "starting" at ten years old and our wives won't grow mustaches.:eek:

Welcome back by the way.

Personally I prefer smoked pulled pork this week, the kind you'd like if you were at my house this past weekend..

I want my chickens cooped (if that is a word) and loaded with hormones to make them huge.

"Free range" chicken is just a way to get you to pay more. I bet they all still live their lives in a cage.

Sandman,

Do you like featherless chickens and those that are ready for market in < 3 months? I don't know, I don't need jacked up franken food (as per massive previous discussion). I do know that my 10 year old daughter hit puberty before my 15 year old son. And neither her mom nor I were early bloomers. She doesn't eat anything but breakfast foods, pizza, grilled cheese and redbeans and rice. I'm thinking it's probably the milk.

:shrug:

Meat of the Week? That's an easy one, LC, don't you think? :hihi:

TPambiguouSsentencestructure

Sandman,

Do you like featherless chickens and those that are ready for market in < 3 months? I don't know, I don't need jacked up franken food (as per massive previous discussion). I do know that my 10 year old daughter hit puberty before my 15 year old son. And neither her mom nor I were early bloomers. She doesn't eat anything but breakfast foods, pizza, grilled cheese and redbeans and rice. I'm thinking it's probably the milk.

Meat of the Week? That's an easy one, LC, don't you think? :hihi:

TPambiguouSsentencestructure

I love 'em. Freak them up and make them taste good. Ready for market in 3 months means less feed costs and more chicken for me. Frankenchicken...heh

frankenchicken.jpg

I know this will shock you, but I actually only serve my daughter organic milk from cows that have not been given any hormones. She is 10 and is still "10."

>>I know this will shock you, but I actually only serve my daughter organic milk from cows that have not been given any hormones. She is 10 and is still "10."

Heathen. How far hath thoust fallen from thine professed love for all things chemical?

TPS

How 'bout some fish instead?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D8J9cWSav3w"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D8J9cWSav3w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

>>I know this will shock you, but I actually only serve my daughter organic milk from cows that have not been given any hormones. She is 10 and is still "10."

Heathen. How far hath thoust fallen from thine professed love for all things chemical?

TPS

I confess. It is my wife's doing. Our "health conscious" neighbor got her started on it. Since she goes to the store, we drink what she buys. I do notice that the organic milk has a longer shelf life than "regular" milk. Anyone know the reason why?

I confess. It is my wife's doing. Our "health conscious" neighbor got her started on it. Since she goes to the store, we drink what she buys. I do notice that the organic milk has a longer shelf life than "regular" milk. Anyone know the reason why?

Perhaps ultra pasteurization. :shrug:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom