Media crowning Dallas already? (1 Viewer)

What makes you belive that the success has gone to his head? Vulnerable to a big play??? Have you been watching their games???? Give some info to back up your statements.

The media loves him and why not. If he was playing for the Saints, we would be saying the same thing. Oh, I forget. We are saying the same thing about Brees!

I said maybe it will go to his head, I never said it has...Also, have you been watching their games?? Dallas has a great front 7, but they are very vulnerable to the big play in the passing game..Roy Williams gets beat deep ALOT cause he's so eager to come up in run support and lay the wood to someone...Also, while Terrance Newman is a pretty good corner, he tends to gamble a little bit and I think Drew will get him on one of his patented pump fakes and go.

On Mike and Mike, they brought in John Staubach and Greeny commented "people argue over who was the greatest cowboy QB of all time between you and aikman, but now you may not have to because it'll be Romo."

I just wanta scream...ITS BEEN 5 GAMES!!!

On Mike and Mike, they brought in John Staubach and Greeny commented "people argue over who was the greatest cowboy QB of all time between you and aikman, but now you may not have to because it'll be Romo."

I just wanta scream...ITS BEEN 5 GAMES!!!

That is crazy!

It is absolutely ridiculous.

So why aren't they saying that Colston is the greatest WR ever? The media just wants so badly for Dallas to be great.

Anyone (except Harrington) could be great with those offensive weapons. TO, Glenn, Witten, Barber, Jones. We'll see how they react when he comes down to earth and blows a coupla good games.

The 'boys: They are who we thought they were, and we are NOT going to let them off the hook!!LOL!! Saints always get fired up against the Cowboys and play well!!
Can you imagine if Brees was a Cowboy and was putting up the numbers he has for us, he would already be getting votes for the Hall of Fame!! Romo will implode eventually, he's dating Jessica Simpson, next thing you know he will be hanging with Brittney and Paris and going pantyless!!LOL!!:eek:

Eli looks scared and unsure of himself. He's showing no killer instinct and all he does is loft it up for Burress. Sorry, i just don't see it happenin bro. Kinda lookin like Delhomme...

I agree with your assesment of Manning, i don't know what is wrong with him. However, i think the Giants are going to come out swinging this week, mainly because 1. the media has them all worked up 2. Their backs are against the wall 3. The horrible way they lost to the Titans last week 4. Everyone probably has Dallas winning this adding more fuel to their tanks and 5. The game is in NY. We shall see but i have a feeling Dallas is going to be surprised much like the rest of the folks out there.

I agree with your assesment of Manning, i don't know what is wrong with him. However, i think the Giants are going to come out swinging this week, mainly because 1. the media has them all worked up 2. Their backs are against the wall 3. The horrible way they lost to the Titans last week 4. Everyone probably has Dallas winning this adding more fuel to their tanks and 5. The game is in NY. We shall see but i have a feeling Dallas is going to be surprised much like the rest of the folks out there.

The Eli story is OVERBLOWN as much as the ROMO story. The interceptions Eli had would be a nonfactor had the giants rookie DL made the tackleon fourth down. That however is another issue regarding the leagues "subjective" flag throwing.

If you look at the interception evryone is focusing on the receivr was open and that is normally a safe throw to the sidelines. However, look how fast the defense closes in on ELI before he throws the ball. He threw off his backfoot becasue he would have been killed had he stepped into the throw. Yea eveyone can say he should have thrown the ball away but again it was a safe throw he makes 99% of the time.

The situation that we are in right now is also the one the Cowboys see as their own. I want what this guy wants and it is exactly what this team needs to do. If not someone else will. Read this from Cowboy's linebacker Burnett (AP story in my morning paper no web link)

Another win would send the Cowboys into the weekend with a half game lead in the NFC East and second to only Chicago (9-1) in the conference.

"We're playing for home-field advantage now; we're playing for a 1st round bye," linebacker Kevin Burnett said, inspired by defeating previously unbeaten Indianapolis on Sunday. "When you look at all the things available to us now if we win out and do what we're supposed to do- the sky is the limit."

He sure said a mouthfull, but he is looking into the same scenario that we have in front of us. I want to win the next game on the schedule the most. Do that until the end of the season and we are the bye team with home-field advantage, not Dallas. Everyone in the country knows that Dallas is famous for being "America's Team" and many here know that folks - this year- have tried to put that moniker on us. Whatever... it's no biggie to me. I don't want to be America's team as much as I want to win. The whole country of sport's experts will love it if Dallas and the Tuna pull this off. Nobody expects us to or believes that we can do it. It kills me that we are right there and have only but to do it- prove all the detractors and nayesayers wrong by doing it. Starting Sunday, let the process begin. 5-0 is the goal but it starts with 8-4. beat them 49ers baby!!!

Also, while Terrance Newman is a pretty good corner, he tends to gamble a little bit and I think Drew will get him on one of his patented pump fakes and go.

newman is one of the few shutdown cb's left in the league now...only reason you dont hear about him is cause hes not rackin up 8 int's a year...

The Eli story is OVERBLOWN as much as the ROMO story. The interceptions Eli had would be a nonfactor had the giants rookie DL made the tackleon fourth down. That however is another issue regarding the leagues "subjective" flag throwing.

If you look at the interception evryone is focusing on the receivr was open and that is normally a safe throw to the sidelines. However, look how fast the defense closes in on ELI before he throws the ball. He threw off his backfoot becasue he would have been killed had he stepped into the throw. Yea eveyone can say he should have thrown the ball away but again it was a safe throw he makes 99% of the time.

Reminds me of the excuses for our ex QB. Always something.

I have to disagree with your assessment of his interception. He had all day to throw. He had time to stand in the pocket, flush out to the right., and stare his reciever down. He then heaved up a terrible pass. Yes there were 3 titans about 6 yards from him but thats still no excuse to not step into your throw. You step up and take the hit like a man, but you get that ball to where its supposed to go. He was playing scared that play and should of been able to make that throw, or at the very least throw it away. If he felt there was to much pressure he should of just shot it out of bounds. That would of been one of a few right decisions. Instead he made the wrong one.

If Eli though the Titans D was bad hes going to get killed vs. the Cowboys.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom