Media Declares SC a Rout for Obama (1 Viewer)

I'm wondering if Edwards is staying in just to have his delegates play a pivotal role in a brokered convention.

As for the racebaiting, Bill started again today, reminding everyone that Jesse Jackson won South Carolina twice, too. I mean, it's just all those darkies who vote for Barack, you know. Don't believe me? Watch here:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qqd2dfjl2pw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qqd2dfjl2pw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

He also made a speech tonight making it quite clear that this campaign is all about a Clintonian Restoration.

Obama's speech was amazing. Hillary's response was pathetic.

Florida doesn't even matter, though. As of now Florida doesn't have any delegates.

Good point. That's what the Dems here get for moving it up against the wishes of the DNC.

Obama has to win a large part of the Hispanic and white vote in the primaries coming up and so far he's not polling well enough for that to happen. What the Clintons are doing is so strange, I have to believe there is some method in their madness. But don't ask me what it is. Anyway, I have this suspicion once Hillary gets the nomination, she will make nice with Obama and put him on the ticket as her VP.

Good point. That's what the Dems here get for moving it up against the wishes of the DNC.

In case you missed it, the Clintons are asking the DNC to reverse their earlier ruling and seat the Florida delegates. Turns out Hillary has been campaigning in the state(although all agreed not to) and thus is leading in the polls. Same thing in Michigan, where all other candidates pulled their name off the ballot after the DNC took their delegates away, and Hillary won the primary. Now she wants those delegates seated too. You can't make this stuff up.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080126/ap_on_el_pr/clinton_florida_delegates

Obama has to win a large part of the Hispanic and white vote in the primaries coming up and so far he's not polling well enough for that to happen. What the Clintons are doing is so strange, I have to believe there is some method in their madness. But don't ask me what it is. Anyway, I have this suspicion once Hillary gets the nomination, she will make nice with Obama and put him on the ticket as her VP.

She does that and the Secret Service will keep an eye out for Chris Rock. :hihi:

He's giving a great speech right now.

A speech that McCain, Romney, or Clinton could never pull off.

Huge win for Obama. He beat poll expectations by double digits and Clinton lost every demographic but white women and voters 65 or older.

SC continued the trend of big turnouts with 77k+ more Dems than Reps (1976 was the last time Dems won in the general). Republican turnout was down by 130k since 2000 while Dem turnout was up by over 230k since 2004. Obama beat McCain and Huckabee combined.

Obama has to win a large part of the Hispanic and white vote in the primaries coming up and so far he's not polling well enough for that to happen.

So far, no. My guess is that tonight will give Obama a big bounce amongst white voters. He won't have to play in the Deep South too much anymore. Hispanics, I'm not so sure.

Obama by himself had more South Carolina votes than McCain and Huckabee combined. Which Democrat is ready for the general election?

Is there somewhere I can watch these speeches, websites?? specifically the Obama ones. Thanks if anybody knows.

a year ago I was convinced Hillary was going to be the next president. Boy was I wrong. Obama is wiping the floor with her it seems. I think Bill has also hurt her. Overall I am glad. If this finally puts an end to the Clintons then I am glad.

OK for you more political savvy folks...is this the end for her (and the Clintons)?

Not even close.

J. Jackson won in '84 and '88. Obama's win in SC is no surprise, and Hillary Clinton realizes that. Hence why she readily and cordially congratulated Obama for his win knowing her praises will score her points on Super Tuesday. If you are a supporter of hers, that move was smart. If you are not one, it is calculating.

Historically speaking, the Democrats SHOULD win this election. It's all about finding the best, most electable, most unifying, most charismatic candidate. World War I, executed chiefly by Wilson's moral diplomacy, ultimately resulted in the opposite party being elected after the war's end. The opposite party was also elected to end the Korean War. The opposite party was also elected to end the Vietnam War. The opposite party SHOULD be elected to end the Iraq war. History is replete with such examples. The democrats should take this election easily, but if Hillary is the nominee the contest begins to wade into murky waters. Hillary is a very polarizing figure for good reason, but this particular election no doubt offers her the greatest opportunity to get elected than any other in the past 40 or so years, so no, she is not even close to giving up.

Hillary is a very polarizing figure for good reason, but this particular election no doubt offers her the greatest opportunity to get elected than any other in the past 40 or so years, so no, she is not even close to giving up.

Well said.

Just read and realized for the first time Billary has the delegate lead. Yeah...no way she is going anywhere right now. This SC victory isn't really saying much the more I understand it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom