meercat 10.10 ubuntu (1 Viewer)

wnelson

Who Dat Nation
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
anyone else using the beta? i hate it for netbook, but i love it on my laptop. the desktop is windows 7.

anyone else like this OS as much as i do? basically, it just works and has cool software features.

I probably won't mess with it until it gets to the release candidate. Does it seem much different than 10.04?

rc will be in 3 weeks. it has a very different and elegant feel. there is also a new third-party proprietary software :)

getting closer to release.... it truly is an amazing software package.

getting closer to release.... it truly is an amazing software package.

Running 10.04 on my desktop box and LOVE IT...so much that I have no plans to change until the next LTS.

Also have Lucid on a VM and just updated my 10.04 VM to 10.10, but didn't notice much different. A little more orange hue in the default wallpaper and F-Spot has been replaced by Shotwell for picture/photo editing/management. Haven't played with it much, but that's all I saw...what else am I missing?

better/more functional GUI

i find it is faster and for that reason alone makes it a better option. dont get me wrong, 10.04 converted me.

I've been using Ubuntu exclusively on my laptop (which is my primary computer) for several years now. I think it's great, and I have no plans of running anything else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom