Meet new FB Kyle Eckel (1 Viewer)

workhorse

No White Flags!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Horrible to lose Evans, but say hello to Kyle Eckel. I think using him and a combo of Thomas, Hamilton, and the Dunkin' Dinkins Donut, we should be fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Eckel

Eckel attended the Naval Academy and, going into his senior year, was ranked as a preseason All-American and the top NFL fullback prospect in the country by draftboardinsider.com. He rushed for 1,147 yards and 11 touchdowns as a senior, notably rushing 26 times for a career-high 179 yards and one touchdown against Army en route to being named the Philadelphia Sportswriters Most Valuable Player of the Army-Navy game for the second consecutive year. Eckel collected 13-career 100-yard rushing games, the fourth most in school history, and became just the third player in school history to twice gain 1,000 yards rushing in a single season. He finished his career with 2,906 rushing yards, which ranks fourth all-time at Navy, and registered 25 career rushing touchdowns, the fourth most in school history. He majored in economics.

He was signed by the New England Patriots as an undrafted free agent in 2005. Eckel has also been a member of the Miami Dolphins and Philadelphia Eagles.

hmm hes a fullback that has played for the same teams evans played for..a copy?

a better runner, maybe as a good blocker, but not nearly as good a pass catcher....also a very good ST player....

Looks like he has a good burst, balance and a bit of a attitude (in the good Shockey way)
While I am very bummed about Evans and wish him the best, I have a feeling this will be a good fill-in.
I have faith in the FO (damn that is odd to say still)

i doubt the fullback will make or break our season. but i sure did like seeing evans make some TDs.

We won't miss his occasional TD that much, but we will miss his lead blocking in the run game if we can't replace it. He was really opening up some holes for PT and Bell.

I don't think this makes or breaks our run game, but man, we were looking mighty good. I hope Evans wasn't as much of a beast as it appeared.

We have a great team and great coaching. If he doesn't bring the same to the table we will work around it by using the versatile TE's...Payton will make it work. That being said, Evans was awesome and I hope he gets well soon and is back next year to help defend the title...

Eckel appears to be more of a running FB than anything else... I noticed he has 1 career reception, and I can't find any info on his blocking ability. While at Navy, he was the primary ball-carrier, so I don't know how often he was called on to block.

I'm hoping for the best, but I miss Heath already.

Looks like he has a good burst, balance and a bit of a attitude (in the good Shockey way)
While I am very bummed about Evans and wish him the best, I have a feeling this will be a good fill-in.
I have faith in the FO (damn that is odd to say still)

I haven't seen him in the pros but he ran at Navy with a whole lot of attitude.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom