[MEGA MERGE] Will be one of the most epic losses ever! FIRE ALLEN TONIGHT! (2 Viewers)

Guys don’t fall for this shi*. Ingram pulled up one yard short, they throw a slant, and the defense leaves the game. It’s rigged. This was another Tom Brady story. Saints lost on purpose. Keep believing this was an accident. These guys are actors now.
No need to rig a Dennis Allen game.

I don't know what game is worse:

Back in 2013 or 2014. Lost against New England, where there was an obvious missed offensive holding against Cameron Jordan on that game winning TD

Or tonight's game.. ironically it was both against Tom Brady

How do you throw the ball on 3rd and 1, trying to run the clock out? It just makes no sense at all.
I actually don't have a problem with the play call, because AT LEAST it showed an aggressive side that heretofore we really haven't seen from this coaching staff and their endless "bend but don't break" style of game calling.

But to go for broke on 3rd and 1 only to suddenly get timid and punt on 4th and 1? That is just coaching scared, and the Saints got what they deserved for doing that, as scared coaching usually does.

Firing Allen is a no brainer. Dude is worthless as a HC. But I’ll give Dalton some praise.

I wanted to see Winston over the last several weeks but Dalton has shown he’s worth keeping. We will need a stopgap starter if we draft a rookie, and he’s good enough to win games with a HC who knows what he’s doing.

I agree on both counts 100%

Dennis Allen was never, ever a great DC. Please don't go there. He's been carried by talent since 2017 to success, but when he actually has to coach and make late game decisions as a DC, he fails time in and time out.
Yep, his defenses failed in the playoffs 2017-2019 and that’s why they lost. Two Minnesota walk offs and the let down after the ref screw job in the 4th and OT. His defense and play calls are why they lost, he should never have been trusted to be the HC.

But Allen is 12-37 because Ingram got hurt on 2nd down and went out of bounds leaving a 3rd and 1 in plus territory. Pass. Punt. Allen does Allen things.
Reviewing the play, Ingram intentionally cut to his right to run out of bounds quicker. Even if he was injured all he had to do was fall down in the direction he was already moving in to get the first.

Ingram intentionally didn’t get the first down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom