[MEGA MERGE] Will be one of the most epic losses ever! FIRE ALLEN TONIGHT! (27 Viewers)

Dalton should have audibles from the 3rd and 1 pass play to a run.

I actually don't have a problem with the play call, because AT LEAST it showed an aggressive side that heretofore we really haven't seen from this coaching staff and their endless "bend but don't break" style of game calling.

But to go for broke on 3rd and 1 only to suddenly get timid and punt on 4th and 1? That is just coaching scared, and the Saints got what they deserved for doing that, as scared coaching usually does.
Huh? No problem with the call???

3rd n 1 and you throw a 1 yd slant?

There are times to be aggressive ( long ball immediately after a turnover) and times where you say, clock and run is best. We do it in reverse. And it's why we keep losing.

I don't know what game is worse:

Back in 2013 or 2014. Lost against New England, where there was an obvious missed offensive holding against Cameron Jordan on that game winning TD

Or tonight's game.. ironically it was both against Tom Brady
That game. I remember how incredibly po'd I was at the non call that was so obvious. The hater against Carolina, when Brady SHOULD have gotten the call, he didn't and they lost, given Carolina a big lead in the division.

Again, the Saints are cursed.

I'm watching the press conference and boy oh boy the dumb things that come out of DA's mouth
You mean like what he said at halftime? What do the Saints do special that seems to always give the Bucs problems? "We have...good players...that's why..." Um how about we had a good coach and QB who knew how to beat them? Allen is now 0-2 against the Bucs. Nice job.

Reviewing the play, Ingram intentionally cut to his right to run out of bounds quicker. Even if he was injured all he had to do was fall down in the direction he was already moving in to get the first.

Ingram intentionally didn’t get the first down.

It was 2nd down. We had 3rd and 1 and passed the ball, and instead having the balls to ice the game on 4th and 1, Allen did what he has done all year. Crumbled in the moment and punted.

Then Tampa is moving the ball down the field and burning time, Allen is sitting on 3 time outs.

Its truly insane to blame the loss on Ingram. Did it contribute to the loss? Yes. But it is FAR from the reason we did.

Last edited:
I’m sorry for even thinking Allen was head coach material.
You are not alone. I felt there was no way he could mess up this bad when handed the keys.

It's not like he is a rookie NFL coach in unfamiliar territory trying to get buy in from the players..... He's been here for years lol smh insane

Dennis Allen was never, ever a great DC. Please don't go there. He's been carried by talent since 2017 to success, but when he actually has to coach and make late game decisions as a DC, he fails time in and time out.
Every great coordinator is carried by talented. Is this some sort of epiphany you just had? Fact is our defense has been very good since he took over as DC. That’s where he needed to stay. Sean McVay was kid wonder until his talent fell apart. Point is.. he should have never been HC. Last year was time to start the rebuild with a young hungry coach with some balls. Now it’s gonna be a 3 year deal just to acquire picks, kill cap, and find that guy…. Without DA running a respectable D. Now…. It’s triple dumb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom