[Mega Merged] How long are Dennis and Pete’s leashes? (1 Viewer)

If Allen is here 3 years, and if there isn’t a huge turn around on the mental lapses, I’ll be back to fishing during football season just like I did with the end of Ditka and Haslett. Play garbage, undisciplined ball I have no need to watch it

Pete probably called his best game of the season.

Dalton missed a lot of the underneath stuff in the first half, and the Vikings gashed us with it, but the second half was less terrible.

Long. They’re getting another year even if they do bad this year. Carmichael may stop being OC but that’s gonna be his choice. DA will be the HC.

We are now 1-3 and this team has started every game slowly, commits ridiculous penalties regularly and the offense (for the majority) has not looked like an NFL offense. It is clear that Dennis Allen is not good enough to be head coach of the Saints and Loomis needs to fire him once this season is done. This team is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and yet we are playing like a 6 win team. That is on him and if we want to be good again he needs to go quickly.

To add to the above we, somewhat stupidly, traded our 2023 1st because we expected to be a playoff team. We are miles off that and a coaching reset is needed. Our future depends on these things happening this off-season:
1. Sean Payton needs to be traded for, at the minimum, a 1st round pick.
2. Allen and Carmichael need to be fired.

Also, the main word thrown at us during the off-season was “continuity”. The whole point of hiring Allen was to continue winning. He has taken us backwards despite having a better roster. That’s why he needs to go.

.we don't agree on everything, but I am with you here. I agree with 100 percent of this.

Nobody saw the talent that we came into the season with starting off with this sort of record, these stats, and these penalties. This goes beyond the players, and lands square on the shoulders of the men calling the plays (not Loomis).

With that said, what will need to happen for them to get pulled, or for changes to be made.

IMHO, you can’t go with the excuse “you can’t change a head coach after one year.” Look at what is going on in Jacksonville for proof of that.

You can’t say “nobody will want to come to a team that fires it’s coaches after one year.” This isn’t the Jets, 49ers, or some random team with poor talent. That doesn’t apply here.

Where do we go from here?
Plenty of people (including me) saw it. You just won’t find them posting much here because they get bar b qued.

Plenty of people (including me) saw it. You just won’t find them posting much here because they get bar b qued.
A lot of Saints thought leaders in the media fed the fan base how DA’s hiring was for the best interest of the team.

Turns out their opinion might have just been carrying water for the team in order to get inside access.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom