[Mega-Merged] Refs at it again... (1 Viewer)

I've officially lost respect for Van Pelt, and I really like him, one of the very few on ESPN.

For you not to highlight the controversy is doing a disservice to your audience.
Not sure what you mean. Its all they've talked about!

But I can't understand why Patricia didn't challenge the PI no call other than he figured the refs were determined to give Green Bay the game.

I can tell you why - the rule change is nothing more than lip service to make up for their incompetence. Do you think that these scumbags are going to rule in favor of a call like that? For Detroit? Yea, don't blame them for not Challenging, would have cost them a timeout most likely.

But honestly this league is going to be in its death-rows sooner than later if it keeps on this path... game after game week after week worse and worse.

Scott Van Pelt is actively trying to steer the conversation away from the refs on ESPN right now.

Um. SVP has been calling out the refs.

He didn’t steer away from it.

He called them out big time, just said...”I don’t even know anymore”

The thing is Matt Patricia is a former Patriot golden boy, can’t believe the calls going against him.

There needs to be a ref review show of every game every week and fines handed out... and the refs interviewed or something... but I guess whomever is pulling the strings would just pay the refs fines... so I duno

It’s not fixed.

It’s not rigged.

It’s just poor officiating.

If it was fixed, they wouldn’t have given Det a TD in the 2nd quarter.

A 4th and goal, and it’s VERY CLOSE whether he crossed the plane or not.

One ref runs in calling TD, one calls a stop short of the goal line, and 1 points “First down GB”. Total shirt show.

You can literally frame that moment which the 3 stooges calling opposite calls individually.

But IF it was fixed, you don’t give DET an easy 7 where you could just as easily make it a turnover on downs.

Booger McFarland called it out at the end of the Green Bay game just now. He made no bones about it that this level of terrible officiating cannot continue.

So many fans now think games are rigged, including myself.

I'm not sure I've ever seen the number of terrible calls against one team in one quarter of play than what happened to Detroit tonight in the 4th. In fact I know I haven't.

Even New York got in on the act on one of the worst call reversals I've personally ever seen.

1 - Complete pass on 3rd down reversed, Detroit forced to kick FG
2 - Hands to the face by the defense on a 3rd down sack of Rodgers, Green Bay would have been punted with 10 minutes to go down 2 scores
3 - Detroit receiver interfered with, not called, forced to punt
4 - Unbelievably a second phantom hands to the face called on Detroit, allowing Green Bay to run the clock all the way down before the game winning FG
Scott Van Pelt & his guests are livid about it, too.
Matthew Stafford just spoke, & SVP said, “he was a lot nicer than I would have been.”

Scott Van Pelt is actively trying to steer the conversation away from the refs on ESPN right now.
He started out calling out the awful refs but then backpedaled with “lions just needed to play better”

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom