[Mega-Merged] Refs at it again... (1 Viewer)

I don’t watch a lot of college football, are refs making bad calls as frequently there, or is this just happening in the NFL?

From the NFL's official site:

On a night when neither team was at its best and points were left on the field, the Packers and Lions needed help from a third party to help resolve matters in the fourth quarter: the officials. On the final three drives of Monday night's contest, questionable calls and non-calls from Clete Blakeman's crew swung the eventual result of this one. First, a Packers drive was extended following a failed third down after Lions defensive end Trey Flowers was called for illegal use of the hands on Packers left tackle David Bakhtiari; an instant replay showed Flowers grabbed Bakhtiari's shoulder pad and the tackle arching his head back, but no contact with his face. The Packers scored on a TD pass three plays late to cut Detroit's lead to two points. On the Lions' ensuing drive, a Matthew Stafford pass to Marvin Jones fell incomplete in Green Bay territory but only after Packers defensive back Will Redmondslashed the Lions receiver across the chest. No pass interference call was made, and Matt Patricia neglected to challenge the call. Detroit punted with 6:53 to go in the game. Finally, on what would be the final drive of the game, Green Bay's march was extended once more when Flowers was againcalled for hands to the face on Bakhtiari on a failed third down; replay showed a similar misinterpretation of the play. Four plays later, Crosby kicked the game-winning field goal from 23 yards out. "Today didn't feel like a win until the end," Aaron Rodgers told ESPN's Lisa Salters after the game. That's because if not for some forgiving judges, Green Bay's fifth victory of the season would have likely been its second loss.

On a night when neither team was at its best and points were left on the field, the Packers and Lions needed help from a third party to help resolve matters in the fourth quarter: the officials. On the final three drives of Monday night's contest, questionable calls and non-calls from Clete Blakeman's crew swung the eventual result of this one. First, a Packers drive was extended following a failed third down after Lions defensive end Trey Flowers was called for illegal use of the hands on Packers left tackle David Bakhtiari; an instant replay showed Flowers grabbed Bakhtiari's shoulder pad and the tackle arching his head back, but no contact with his face. The Packers scored on a TD pass three plays late to cut Detroit's lead to two points. On the Lions' ensuing drive, a Matthew Stafford pass to Marvin Jones fell incomplete in Green Bay territory but only after Packers defensive back Will Redmondslashed the Lions receiver across the chest. No pass interference call was made, and Matt Patricia neglected to challenge the call. Detroit punted with 6:53 to go in the game. Finally, on what would be the final drive of the game, Green Bay's march was extended once more when Flowers was againcalled for hands to the face on Bakhtiari on a failed third down; replay showed a similar misinterpretation of the play. Four plays later, Crosby kicked the game-winning field goal from 23 yards out. "Today didn't feel like a win until the end," Aaron Rodgers told ESPN's Lisa Salters after the game. That's because if not for some forgiving judges, Green Bay's fifth victory of the season would have likely been its second loss.

Anyone has a job recommendation for one Jeremy Bergman, former NFL.com writer?

But I can't understand why Patricia didn't challenge the PI no call other than he figured the refs were determined to give Green Bay the game.

They were. It couldn't have been more obvious. There was nothing Detroit was gonna be able to do. That game was scripted. Might was well be the WWF, or whatever form rasslin' has morphed into these days. At least rasslin' is somewhat entertaining and isn't pretending to be a sport.

That won't do. I wonder how long till it's taken down and the author is fired
:munch:

Well that's bound to go over swimmingly with the League

Screenshot_20191014-233857_Facebook.jpg

Anyone wanna, count the packers players on the field?

I don't recall exactly how the rule is enforced, but I'm pretty sure I've seen defensive too many men on the field in formation called pre-snap. A timeout was called on that play. Not entirely sure if that was the correct way to handle that.

But the real game changing calls came in the 4th quarter. Anyone doubting it either is a Packers fan or an official. Fwiw, just spoke with a Packers fan friend of mine and he said they robbed Detroit. He was happy, but admitted if the shoe were on the other foot, he'd be beyond livid.

It’s not fixed.

It’s not rigged.

It’s just poor officiating.

If it was fixed, they wouldn’t have given Det a TD in the 2nd quarter.

A 4th and goal, and it’s VERY CLOSE whether he crossed the plane or not.

One ref runs in calling TD, one calls a stop short of the goal line, and 1 points “First down GB”. Total shirt show.

You can literally frame that moment which the 3 stooges calling opposite calls individually.

But IF it was fixed, you don’t give DET an easy 7 where you could just as easily make it a turnover on downs.

I watched the game from start to finish. Yeah, I torture myself sometimes. But, if you don't think the officials influenced the outcome of this game, then there's nothing else that can convince anyone. You have a right to your opinion, but I know what I saw. This is bad for the NFL, and if this was were the Saints, I'd like to see what you think then.

This is way no matter how good we are; we will never win it again. Saints arent on the list of roger godell SB eligible teams...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom