[Mega Merged] Suspended one game--Potential Consequences coming for Mike Evans by the League (1 Viewer)

My $00.02 on Why

Was at the game and after watching the TV replay, I believe that the NFL was afraid of bad PR from an appeal if Lattimore was suspended.

The defensive play preceding the fight was similar to an earlier no call where Olivia's feet got tangled by a trailing DB and fell down on what was a catchable ball. At the end of the play Lattimore's feet appear to trip Evans on a ball that fell well out of bounds, so it could have been ruled uncatchable anyway.

I strongly disagree with those post that assign some blame to Lattimore; talk is just part of the game. Also, when Brady starts jawing Lattimore's back is to him and he turns to respond. When the two move towards each other Brady reaches out at the same time that Fornette hits Lattimore in the head, Latimore retaliates and is hit in the back by Evans while he is still engaged with Fornette.

An independent review of the film by an unbiased official should conclude that Lattimore should not have been ejected and that Fornette at least should have also been flagged. Then there is the Ariens' conduct in all this. They had to do something so a 1 game suspension is a non issue with the Bucs and give the appearance of being evenhanded towards the Saints.

Small conciliation for the multiple questionable calls which miraculously came on a failed 3rd down, not to forget the clearly trapped interception

Attachments

• IMG_2929.MOV
    15.1 MB
Buccaneers actually had more penalty yards than us. They just executed when the refs gave them the call.If they lost they would be saying the same thing . Refs screw both teams its still the team that take advantage of it thats gonna win.
The yards of the penalty are irrelevent. You telling me if they call the Bucs for a 5 yard false start on 1st and 10 and then call the saints for a 5 yard phantom defensive holding that didn't even happen when its 3rd and 62 that gives the bucs an automatic 1st down, we're even because they were both 5 yard penalties?

My $00.02 on Why

Was at the game and after watching the TV replay, I believe that the NFL was afraid of bad PR from an appeal if Lattimore was suspended.

The defensive play preceding the fight was similar to an earlier no call where Olivia's feet got tangled by a trailing DB and fell down on what was a catchable ball. At the end of the play Lattimore's feet appear to trip Evans on a ball that fell well out of bounds, so it could have been ruled uncatchable anyway.

I strongly disagree with those post that assign some blame to Lattimore; talk is just part of the game. Also, when Brady starts jawing Lattimore's back is to him and he turns to respond. When the two move towards each other Brady reaches out at the same time that Fornette hits Lattimore in the head, Latimore retaliates and is hit in the back by Evans while he is still engaged with Fornette.

An independent review of the film by an unbiased official should conclude that Lattimore should not have been ejected and that Fornette at least should have also been flagged. Then there is the Ariens' conduct in all this. They had to do something so a 1 game suspension is a non issue with the Bucs and give the appearance of being evenhanded towards the Saints.

Small conciliation for the multiple questionable calls which miraculously came on a failed 3rd down, not to forget the clearly trapped interception
In the back…. My anatomy seems a little off. It was for sure a cowardly attack though.

Attachments

• IMG_2932.MOV
    13.3 MB
Your kidding right? Lattimore was walking down the sideline jacking his jaw at their players and coaches…
So you didn't see who was yelling at Lattimore from the sidelines I guess that he was responding to? Or Brady getting in his face or Fournette shoving him?

I would be ok with this suspension if it was for their next game against us!.

Huh…….so much for repeat offender nonsense.
What a freaking joke! Repeat offender and gets 1 lousy game?! What a message they sent! There is 0 doubt in my mind that if that repeat offender played on a team without someone like Brady, it would have been 2-3 games.

So you didn't see who was yelling at Lattimore from the sidelines I guess that he was responding to? Or Brady getting in his face or Fournette shoving him?
Yes coaches and other players. My point still stands. Stop talking and return to the huddle. The bucs are annoyed and frustrated at this point. After this event something changed. I don’t know what belittling they seemed more focused and we were missing one of our best defensive players. Was it worth it? What does running his mouth accomplish? He is already in their head, they are his beaches at this point and he doesn’t have to say a thing. His play is saying it all.

In the back…. My anatomy seems a little off. It was for sure a cowardly attack though.
Why should this have been at LEAST a TWO game suspension for Evans:

Consider that Evans wasn’t even initially involved in the incident. In fact, he was dang near/on the sideline. Then consider his size ( about 6’5”, 230 lbs), n how he got a good running start, and then catapulted himself into Latt, who neva saw him coming, n couldn’t even defend himself! It was flagrant, intentional n Shon coulda gotten seriously injured!

🤬🤬🤬

Why was this only a ONE game suspension for Evans:

The SCHEDULE!

The Bucs next 2 games are at home, BUT they play GB and KC! They COULD well b facing losing 2 games in a row!

But the NFL won’t let DAT happen!

So a one game suspension for Evans it is!

Jus my 2 cents tho

😂🤣😂

CORRECT, Some people look at the totals at the end of the game and don't look at the context of when some of those calls happened AND the non-calls and the way that went down.

Evans getting suspended for one game is an absolute joke. Should have been multiple games.

There were many calls that could have been made and many calls that should have been made. The Refs can 100% change a game with no "apparent" difference in the stat line.

Brady instigated the entire event by running 40 YARDS away from where he threw the pass and got to where he could jaw directly at Lattimore. Evans ran onto the field from the sideline to blindside hit Lattimore under the instruction of Ariens.

Ariens need to be banned from the sideline for life.
Not to dampen the allegations of the Sucs, but...

I think the BOLD above is erroneous in the interpretation.

I think Brady is just running off the field to HIS side of the field.

If you note that Evans is running on to the field near where Brady is. That is, from the Bucs sideline.

Not to dampen the allegations of the Sucs, but...

I think the BOLD above is erroneous in the interpretation.

I think Brady is just running off the field to HIS side of the field.

If you note that Evans is running on to the field near where Brady is. That is, from the Bucs sideline.
Brady was heading right to the location where Lattimore was. He was not heading to the sideline. He angled way towards Lattimore and the nearest official to Lattimore. If he was heading to the sideline from his own 20, where he threw the ball, he could have angled towards the bench and cross the sideline around his own 35-40. I was watching after the play, at the game (I also saw what they put on TV and other video), Brady was not heading to the sideline, he was heading towards where Lattimore was, which was 35-40 yards from where he threw the ball. I could draw a diagram with the angles. It was Brady being Brady, chirping at the Refs and at Lattimore, not heading towards his actual sideline. There was no need to go where he went EXCEPT to instigate something with the Refs AND with Lattimore. he got what he wanted. He riled up his team from a 3-3 tie and won the game, with a little help from the Refs.

If Brady launches the ball from his own 20 and then heads toward his sideline, where should he wind up, maybe around his 30-35 yard line, not across the 50 and yelling at Lattimore and calling him a little birch tree.

1 game….. wow. Logic says you can send a goon to eject the other teams best player and you’ll just have to sit out a game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom