[Mega Merged] To everyone who thinks the refs are out to get the Saints (1 Viewer)

The problem with that is that other teams have had controversial calls.
I’ve been to Dallas every once and a while (actually a few weeks ago, but that’s for a different story)
The fans there still hate the refs because they’re still screaming that Dez caught it.
Does that mean the reds are out against Dallas?
Does that mean the commissioner is out to get the Cowboys?
I wouldn't suggest that New Orleans has the monopoly on being in the "dog-house" with the NFL brass but there is only one fanbase that made a "Clown Goodell" shirt, and a NFL coach that wore it in public. I wonder if any other SB hosting city had signs outside of restaurant/bar windows saying "Do not serve this man" w/ a pic of Goodell?

Like someone else here previously said...do you honestly believe that a multi-billion dollar organization that micro-manages everything down to labels on the socks players wear isn't also trying to encourage outcomes that are most financially beneficial to the league?

By the fanbase, Roger Goodell is one of the most hated NFL Commissioners there has ever been, yet he continues to be rewarded by the owners. Why? Because, despite being incredibly unpopular by the direct consumers of his product, he has made the business & owners more money than ever before. This means the customers he pays attention to are not you, me, or any given teams fanbase. His customers are TV networks (broadcasting rights), corporations (sponsorships) and government leaders (stadium & facility deals).

It makes perfect sense to me that he's going to ensure there are levers he can use to get optimal deals with TV networks, corporations & government leaders vs ensuring the fans of the leagues teams get a fair game every Thu/Sun/Mon...especially when those two objectives compete with one another.

I was at a restaurant, I was watching but no audio.
When the Ref threw the flag for OPI/Def holding offsetting penalties. please tell me the def holding was not called on Lattimore. I didn't see a point where he even made contact with the receiver. was the holding on someone else?
It was on Adebo...but they never showed teh replay.

I wouldn't suggest that New Orleans has the monopoly on being in the "dog-house" with the NFL brass but there is only one fanbase that made a "Clown Goodell" shirt, and a NFL coach that wore it in public. I wonder if any other SB hosting city had signs outside of restaurant/bar windows saying "Do not serve this man" w/ a pic of Goodell?

Like someone else here previously said...do you honestly believe that a multi-billion dollar organization that micro-manages everything down to labels on the socks players wear isn't also trying to encourage outcomes that are most financially beneficial to the league?

By the fanbase, Roger Goodell is one of the most hated NFL Commissioners there has ever been, yet he continues to be rewarded by the owners. Why? Because, despite being incredibly unpopular by the direct consumers of his product, he has made the business & owners more money than ever before. This means the customers he pays attention to are not you, me, or any given teams fanbase. His customers are TV networks (broadcasting rights), corporations (sponsorships) and government leaders (stadium & facility deals).

It makes perfect sense to me that he's going to ensure there are levers he can use to get optimal deals with TV networks, corporations & government leaders vs ensuring the fans of the leagues teams get a fair game every Thu/Sun/Mon...especially when those two objectives compete with one another.
That “Clown Goodell” shirt was originally from the Patriots. Barstool sold them.

And if anything shows that it’s not fixed, it was that mess of a game on Thursday.

And again, it doesn’t warrant the work to do a fix when the ratings for the national Saints games are still high.

Did anybody see the refs trying to set Brady up for another "miracle' yesterday?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom