[Mega Merged] To everyone who thinks the refs are out to get the Saints (1 Viewer)

It doesn’t make sense for an entire league to go after one team.
Especially since the Saints have been one of the winningest teams during Goodell’s tenure.
Especially since the Saints rank in the Top 10 in wins during the Bensons Ownership (since 1986).
So...just ignore the idiotic game changing calls? Suit yourself I guess.

That's simply not true. I personally know several fans who have quit watching.
I know quite a few who "quit watchng" but seem to know eveything that happens during the game..

I watch the Saints, i may watch some of the other games off and on while i am watching other stuff on TV. And i have no guilt buying non-official Saints gear from China..

So...just ignore the idiotic game changing calls? Suit yourself I guess.
I’m not saying there aren’t bad calls.
But there is a difference between complaining about the refs and saying the entire League is out to get one singular franchise “just cause.”

But there is a difference between complaining about the refs and saying the entire League is out to get one singular franchise “just cause.”
It's clearly a systemic and recurring issue. Which is why you're getting the responses out there. No one really knows the source of it, but it's pretty obvious to anyone paying attention to how games are officiated that there's something to it. To say there's nothing to it isn't a satisfactory answer.

You're watching the same game. How much more proof do you need than the stats and penalty logs that people have shown? You are deciding to turn a blind eye to it and call it incompetence.

If there was 1 bad a call game, I could maybe understand, (I doubt it though), but multiple in the same drive? No. Thats something going on with the League. Its not incompetence anymore when it happens over and over again.

Since the Bensons bought the team 7 of the top winningest franchises are small markets.
Pittsburgh, Denver, Green Bay, KC, Minnesota, NOLA, and Indianapolis.

Attachments

• 99428A53-7A84-4156-B652-14CFB8311419.jpeg
    99428A53-7A84-4156-B652-14CFB8311419.jpeg
    456.4 KB · Views: 9
What does that have to do with anything?
Because these conspiracy theories are mostly based around the League trying (for some unknown reason) to keep the Saints as the losing team.
These stats show that in fact the Saints are one of the winningest organizations since the Bensons bought the franchise.
And it shows one of the major reasons for the Saints ineptitude was horrendous ownership.

Since 2019… No NFL team has had more 10-or-more penalties called against them in a game than than the Saints.

Over that same time span… No team has had their opponent penalized 10-or-more times in a game less than the Saints.

There is, and has been solid evidence that the Saints have been unfairly officiated in NFL games for many years… and of course the worst and most egregious no-call in the history of the sport.
I can understand a team getting penalties called against it. Different playing styles, discipline, all sorts of things can affect that. I'm not saying the Saints are one of those teams, only that I can understand how one team may be among the most penalized year after year.

What I can't wrap my head around is how one team can rank near the bottom of the league year after year for penalties called against its opponents. Link to Mike Tripplett's article from January: https://www.espn.com/blog/new-orlea...ve-continued-to-haunt-saints-at-historic-rate

That makes absolutely no sense at all. Year after year, teams don't get penalized when they play the Saints, and I have to believe this includes teams that are otherwise heavily penalized in a given year. And the Saints have been at or very near the bottom of the league in this category 4 years in a row!!! I don't think it's by accident. It's by design and meant to attract less attention. Penalize a team too much, flags (pun intended) go up. Don't penalize a team's opponents and barely anyone notices, until someone (Tripplett) does, and even then nothing happens.

Because these conspiracy theories are mostly based around the League trying (for some unknown reason) to keep the Saints as the losing team.
These stats show that in fact the Saints are one of the winningest organizations since the Bensons bought the franchise.
And it shows one of the major reasons for the Saints ineptitude was horrendous ownership.
Here is the Saints record from 1985- 2005 159-176
7 winning seasons in 21 years

Something happened after that. Ill leave the "conspiracy theories" out of it. But the officiating was on our side for a few years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom