[Mega Merged] To everyone who thinks the refs are out to get the Saints (1 Viewer)

So the entire League was against the Saints but for some reason, the forgot the plan in ‘09 and resumed from then on?
well, we were dominating teams that year, its easy to manipulate close games, but almost impossible when the game is being dominated by one team.

But the entire point of a League wide conspiracy is that it can’t be beat…
Lol, no, that's not the point of a would be conspiracy. And again, no one knows specifically who's behind it. The easy pick is Goodell, well, because, history. Then you have officiating crews with their own biases, and you have gamblers and big money in that industry who are brazen enough to try and influence officials as happened in the NBA, and other possibilities. A conspiracy works when people aren't able to tell where it's coming from and who's behind it.

Packers fan here. You guys got jobbed by the refs on Sunday. Viking fans are always crying about Refs and I said at the time, the game in London where they were gifted the win should shut them up for a few years. Saints were robbed. However, I do believe it is incompetence, not a conspiracy. Refs call a penalty on what they think they see. The problem is most of those guys are 20 years old than the players and just arent that good at their job. Even the Packers game the Patriots were allowed to score a TD 2 seconds after the time clock expired. That should be the easiest call in the world to make. But I dont think it was done to help the Patriots. It was done because of an incompetent ref. Good luck rest of the year. Curb stomp the Bucs next time you play them.
If it's incompetence, I'm fine with that, then call it the same both ways. Since it's not both ways, you gotta look elsewhere.

I mean, the very next drive, Olave was clearly held on a long pass play and nothing was called.

Lol, no, that's not the point of a would be conspiracy. And again, no one knows specifically who's behind it. The easy pick is Goodell, well, because, history. Then you have officiating crews with their own biases, and you have gamblers and big money in that industry who are brazen enough to try and influence officials as happened in the NBA, and other possibilities. A conspiracy works when people aren't able to tell where it's coming from and who's behind it.
But every reason for a conspiracy discussed has turned to a dead end.
It ain’t to keep the Saints down. They’ve had been one of the winningest organizations since the mid 80s.
It ain’t about TV ratings. The ratings are high and close no matter the team.
It ain’t about small markets. Most of the League’s high profile franchises are small markets.
Heck, the biggest star in the League left the large market in Boston to go to small market Tampa.

If it's incompetence, I'm fine with that, then call it the same both ways. Since it's not both ways, you gotta look elsewhere.

I mean, the very next drive, Olave was clearly held on a long pass play and nothing was called.
On the vikes first TD, the left guard was 2-3 yards downfield at the time of the pass. No ineligible player downfield flag.

On the Saints ensuing possession, on 3rd and 11, we convert a screen pass to Ingram for a 1st down, but Ruiz is called for.........you guessed it, ineligible player downfield.

To be fair, Ruiz was correctly penalized, but the vikes should have been also.

Consistency must be too much to ask for!

It ain’t to keep the Saints down. They’ve had been one of the winningest organizations since the mid 80s.
It ain’t about small markets. Most of the League’s high profile franchises are small markets.
Heck, the biggest star in the League left the large market in Boston to go to small market Tampa.
Well, believe what you want. I think you're missing the boat. To each his own I guess.

On the vikes first TD, the left guard was 2-3 yards downfield at the time of the pass. No ineligible player downfield flag.

On the Saints ensuing possession, on 3rd and 11, we convert a screen pass to Ingram for a 1st down, but Ruiz is called for.........you guessed it, ineligible player downfield.

To be fair, Ruiz was correctly penalized, but the vikes should have been also.

Consistency must be too much to ask for!
Exactly this. Call the game evenly or gtfo.

Because YOU refuse to believe that the beloved Saints games you are watching might be tarnished. You dont want to be the guy in the picture. There are billions of dollars at stake. Do you really believe its all just left up to chance? The TV Networks, League, owners, players, gamblers, bookmakers etc all have a stake in these games. And you want to say that these officials are just incompetent because you cant wrap your head around billions of dollars. It makes sense. You just have to suspend the belief that what you are seeing is not real.

Attachments

• Its still real.jpg
    Its still real.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 2
Because YOU refuse to believe that the beloved Saints games you are watching might be tarnished. You dont want to be the guy in the picture. There are billions of dollars at stake. Do you really believe its all just left up to chance? The TV Networks, League, owners, players, gamblers, bookmakers etc all have a stake in these games. And you want to say that these officials are just incompetent because you cant wrap your head around billions of dollars. It makes sense. You just have to suspend the belief that what you are seeing is not real.
But you have continually given nothing to back up any of your theories.

If you are looking for video evidence, wire taps, audiophiles , emails, etc. I cant help you. I see the same things you do and realize that there is something going on that has nothing to do with football. You just say its incompetence but these same refs will go to another game and make the right calls one day and different bad calls the next.

The entire reason coaches and players get fined for talking about the refs is because they are the Football Gods. Untouchable. Make a "mistake" and send out a pre-written apology letter, and do it again tomorrow. Football is upon is.

If you are looking for video evidence, wire taps, audiophiles , emails, etc. I cant help you. I see the same things you do and realize that there is something going on that has nothing to do with football. You just say its incompetence but these same refs will go to another game and make the right calls one day and different bad calls the next.

The entire reason coaches and players get fined for talking about the refs is because they are the Football Gods. Untouchable. Make a "mistake" and send out a pre-written apology letter, and do it again tomorrow. Football is upon is.
But all your theories about the League conspiring against the Saints have been refuted.
Your making the Saints out to be the Jaguars, but they’re not. They haven’t been that since ‘97-‘99. And that was nearly three decades ago.
For the most part since the mid 80s, they’ve been one of the more successful franchises.

Except for facts.

Not only do the Saints suffer from stupidly, objectively wrong calls at a slightly higher rate than the rest of the league, our opponents don't. Year after year, "Saints opponent" is the squeaky-clean poster child for lack of flags. Garden-variety incompetence wouldn't have such consistency. All the teams would take turns having their opponents be among the least-penalized if the refs sucked evenly across the league.

Bias doesn't necessarily have to have a purpose or some guiding conspiracy behind it. For years, the Raiders were consistently the most-penalized team in the league when they weren't any more or less disciplined than anyone else; the refs just threw flags on them because of their reputation.

I don't have to know the source of the leak or the whole history of plumbing in my house to look down and notice my kitchen is ankle-deep in water.

It was bad then too..playing the 9ers back then felt like playing NFL royalty and the refs were their humble servants...That owner of SF was caught stacking his team to give a huge advantage....long time ago...I've come to accept Saints as the red headed step child, now look we got Dalton hahaha
Refs were really bad during Haslett years to, even as bad as that defense was, officials did enough to swing 2-3 games a year that would cost a playoff spot.

They were bad in the dome patrol years but only when they faced a top caliber team like Dallas or San Fran.

But all your theories about the League conspiring against the Saints have been refuted.
You haven't refuted anything. You've simply stated over and over again that its incompetence and that everything else is a conspiracy theory. YOU refuse to believe anything else. There is nothing short of me bringing you in to some backroom handshake deal, and you see it playout, for you to believe anything other than incompetence. I cant help you. We just agree to disagree I guess.

Still doesn’t explain why the League would be okay with KC and Buffalo (two historic cellar dwellers) taking up coaches and QBs when they could be in bigger markets.
Surely the League won’t let a team on flyover county succeed.
Imo they have been trying to get alot of other historic cellar dweller teams to succeed since they realigned the divisions. Its been way more apparent in the last few years, its like how did these teams with the same owners for 20 years all a sudden find all this success? Biggest red flag for me has been the Rams owner which I think has alot more pull in the entire nfl than most owners combined.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom