Meghan and Harry (2 Viewers)

I think the whole royal family thing is a bunch of BS anyway. One step above Rex. I mean, who are these people? What benefit do they bring to the UK? They are elitist, that live in their make believe fairy tail world, where they absolutely have nothing to worry about. This is such a joke.

The time and effort the news and others waste on what is going on in the world of the royals, is a joke! Give me a break; please! Whenever something comes across my TV, or radio about them, I change the channel.

I think the whole royal family thing is a bunch of BS anyway. One step above Rex. I mean, who are these people? What benefit do they bring to the UK? They are elitist, that live in their make believe fairy tail world, where they absolutely have nothing to worry about. This is such a joke.

The time and effort the news and others waste on what is going on in the world of the royals, is a joke! Give me a break; please! Whenever something comes across my TV, or radio about them, I change the channel.

I asked a friend who lives in London this exact question. She compared the love of the royal family to that of our love of all things New Orleans... Not everyone gets it, but we do, and that's enough.

Yeah I don’t think it’s easy for many outside of the Queen’s Realm to really understand.

I think it’s funny how judgy people are. My wife has been following it and today she says “a lot of people are let down, the taxpayers have really paid for much of what he’s done in his life” - and I said “yeah but not your tax money.”

To which she quickly replied “So what? I still get to have an opinion mother forker!”

This is going to end with Harry divorced and trying to marshal an army to overthrow William and claim the throne as his own. Scotland will use the conflict between the two to declare a bloody independence. It's going to end with Hadrian's Wall is rebuilt and Prince George on the throne, boy king of a broken realm. Also, somehow the Welsh gets nukes and sheet goes sideways real bad.

This is going to end with Harry divorced and trying to marshal an army to overthrow William and claim the throne as his own. Scotland will use the conflict between the two to declare a bloody independence. It's going to end with Hadrian's Wall is rebuilt and Prince George on the throne, boy king of a broken realm. Also, somehow the Welsh gets nukes and shirt goes sideways real bad.
Finally

I literally know three things about Wales:

- Garreth Bale
- TEC the Tractor
- No independent nuclear capability

I literally know three things about Wales:

- Garreth Bale
- TEC the Tractor
- No independent nuclear capability

No one would trust a Welshman with a nuke. Which is why we should all hope my predictions do not come to pass.

This is going to end with Harry divorced and trying to marshal an army to overthrow William and claim the throne as his own. Scotland will use the conflict between the two to declare a bloody independence. It's going to end with Hadrian's Wall is rebuilt and Prince George on the throne, boy king of a broken realm. Also, somehow the Welsh gets nukes and shirt goes sideways real bad.

Definitely see divorce happening soon. Hopefully we don't see history repeat itself considering the number of racist butt crevasses out there.

And to think Meghan had to give up her American/Canadian citizenship for this.

Definitely see divorce happening soon. Hopefully we don't see history repeat itself considering the number of racist butt crevasses out there.

And to think Meghan had to give up her American/Canadian citizenship for this.

Sunday night, the wife wanted to watch the piece aired in the UK by ITV in late October, a documentary-style film made by ITV journalist Tom Bradby. He is an accomplished journalist who became ITV's royal correspondent in 2005 . . . and has apparently built considerable trust with the royal family, as they continue to grant him exclusive access and first-bite at interviews. As a result, he is able to bring behind the scenes and other more-candid discussion from the royals than other journalists.

So the piece, about 45 minutes in length, travels with Harry, Meghan, and Archie on a trip last September where the family traveled to South Africa and Angola - and made various appearances and speeches about issues such as continuing racial struggles and echoes of colonialism; Meghan's work on women's safety, education, and rights in Africa; and Harry's introspective return to the mine fields of Angola, 30 years after Princess Diana's visit . . . as removing mines from war-torn African nations was her most active project.

I wasn't interested in watching at first, I had stolen the new Nintendo Switch my kids got for Christmas from the grandparents and was playing it while my wife watched the show. But I got drawn in and ended up watching it. I think that for any UK citizens or royal observers to claim that Harry and Meghan's recent announcement caught them by surprise must have not watched the film. At the close, Bradby basically says that the couple's role and relationship with the crown and British public are in substantial question and we'll have to just see where it goes.

But I don't see divorce as a likely outcome - if anything, they seem more committed to each other than anyone else in the picture. She's a woman who appears confident, worldly, and outspoken, which seems to complement his more reserved personality. They both seemed distressed by the never-ending coverage of the British tabloids - which Meghan stated she was prepared for the intensity but unprepared for how "unfair and untruthful" that they are. And Harry obviously still carries quite a bit about his mother and her death . . . and he said that the unending clicking of the cameras is a "daily reminder" of her death. That's some pretty intense sheet to have to deal with.

Coming away from it, I saw that each had an independent reason to wish to just break way from what is, to them, a source of madness. In fairness to the critics and recognizing that the piece was intended to portray them as sympathetic figures trapped in terribly anxious environment, I also saw a bit of the 'cake and eat it too' elements, they wouldn't have been received in Africa nor provided the platform had they not been royals. My wife also points out that Harry and Meghan have been actively pursuing entertainment business deals, including her doing voiceover work with Disney and the couple in talks for a possible 'realty tv' style series on one of the streaming services. My wife also points out that the royal outreach into the various humanities and charity work is essential to how the family is oriented with the nation and the world - and a massive commitment. With Harry and Meghan stepping back from that, the others will have to fill that bandwidth - giving, William and Kate for example, even more on their plate to keep up those relationships and outreach. So it's not like the critics are unfounded.

Ultimately for us, it doesn't really matter - whatever. But it is interesting. The whole King Edward and Wallis Simpson matter remains interesting to many, almost 100 years later.

The Daily show had good take. Trevor is a smart guy.

I am shocked by those ugly press releases. Have never seen any of those horrendous hate pics & write ups. Have only seen gorgeous pics of them with their adorable son & read positive reviews of their work & adventures.

It takes a real lowlife dirtbag to publish such ugly hate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom