Meghan and Harry (1 Viewer)

So apparently this is how they're planning to become financially independent -- merchandising! No word yet if there will be scented Sussex Royal Vagina candles, ala Gwyneth Paltrow...

1578943470534.png

Records with the UK’s Intellectual Property Office show that last June the couple made moves to prep a possible financial empire.
Under both “Sussex Royal” and their charitable organization, “The Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex,” the couple secured trademarks with a wide cross-section of possible products.
Included are clothing, stationery, photographs, educational and charitable endeavors — and even possibly their own newspaper or magazine.
“Undoubtedly, this will be a multimillion-pound revenue business,” retail expert Andy Barr told the Daily Mail, predicting it could generate revenues of more than $500 million.

Want to cut ties with royalty. Using royal titles to profit....seems legit.
I'm conflicted. How much money are people making from their likenesses now? How much money did people make from Diana? The way I see it, they're just trying to turn the screws. Harry and Meghan are THE "It" Couple right now. So I see the controversy with the branding ... but I also see it as smart, too, because other people are certainly going to profit from it. And Diana's boys are owed some blood money.

I'm conflicted. How much money are people making from their likenesses now? How much money did people make from Diana? The way I see it, they're just trying to turn the screws. Harry and Meghan are THE "It" Couple right now. So I see the controversy with the branding ... but I also see it as smart, too, because other people are certainly going to profit from it. And Diana's boys are owed some blood money.

I say "Go for it".

It looks like they are setting it up for charities too.

Make your money and get out of the game if that's their plan.

Frankly, I was hoping the day would have ended with the Queen giving them a choice - perform your duties as expected or abdicate your crown. Problem solved.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom