Meilly leads the NBA in 3-point shot accuracy since 1-1-2020 (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Melli leads the NBA in three-point percentage (49.3) since Jan. 1, minimum 50 attempts – it can be difficult for him to shake the pass-first mentality he developed over a lengthy pro career in Europe. According to Basketball Reference, the 6-foot-9, 220-pound forward averaged a mere 6.5 points per game over his combined nine seasons in Italy, Germany and Turkey. As a result, he’s seemed more wired to set a physical screen or make an extra pass than to be a high-volume shooter.

The ideal lineup for the Pelicans to me is Zion/Jrue/Ingram/Lonzo/Melli. This provides shooting, spacing, passing and defense, with a slight detriment to rebounding. Melli's improved 3 point shooting is great, but his improvement on defense has been even more impressive. Great find by the staff.

The ideal lineup for the Pelicans to me is Zion/Jrue/Ingram/Lonzo/Melli. This provides shooting, spacing, passing and defense, with a slight detriment to rebounding. Melli's improved 3 point shooting is great, but his improvement on defense has been even more impressive. Great find by the staff.
The best lineup is still the starting 5, but I definitely get where you're coming from. If only we could fuse Favors and Melli. Maybe even throw in Jaxson's athleticism. We'd be unstoppable.

The best lineup is still the starting 5, but I definitely get where you're coming from. If only we could fuse Favors and Melli. Maybe even throw in Jaxson's athleticism. We'd be unstoppable.
We can....trade for Myles Turner.

We can....trade for Myles Turner.
I don't think Turner fits with this team. He's too inconsistent. In his play, but more importantly in his effort. Indiana isn't far from giving up on him if something's doesn't change.

I don't think Turner fits with this team. He's too inconsistent. In his play, but more importantly in his effort. Indiana isn't far from giving up on him if something's doesn't change.
Agree to disagree. IMO Turner is the perfect 5 as he can stretch the court and block shots with the best of them. Indiana is OK with giving up on him simply because they have a better 5 in Sabonis.

When Zion is no longer a defensive liability, this might be the best lineup...

Give Hayes a chance. His shooting form is good enough to become a stretch 5

Just hope he is willing to put in the work this offseason

Bu the way...for those down on Jrue this game is showing how important he is.
When team play a zone defense, the best way to break it down is to have someone able to drive against it. Lonzo doesnt have a great first step at all....its Jrue who is our best at that among our starters

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom