Mek effect (1 Viewer)

wnelson

Who Dat Nation
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
MEK EFFECT

Davis wasn't the only one blocking shots for New Orleans. Emeka Okafor, now in his second 10-day contract after being out of the league for four-plus seasons, had five blocks to go with seven rebounds in a little less than 18 minutes.

''My role as of now is just to do all the little things, you know, play good defense, grab rebounds,'' the 35-year-old Okafor said. ''It feels great that we're winning and I feel like I'm contributing in some form or fashion. ... but I'm just falling back on my go-to of, when in doubt, play good defense and just rebound the basketball and run.''

This is exactly what we needed out of Asik, but unfortunately his health issues were too much for him to do it.

5 for 5 with 14 points tonight. He has really made a big difference. Amazing how you can find a 35 year old player basically from the street and pay him peanuts and he can have this kind of impact. These are the kind is moves that Dell Demps is great at. For all the flack he takes, he has put together a pretty good roster. I would love to find out how good without injuries, but am starting to doubt I’ll ever witness that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom