Mel Kiper believes Stetson Bennett could "probably" end up being a third-round selection in the NFL Draft (1 Viewer)

Mel Kiper is the most overrated draft analyst ever. He was always four levels lower than the level Joel Buchsbaum--who was the best.

I don’t get the hate for this guy that I see from everyone else. All he’s ever done is win big games. Dude won back to back national championships. And had 6 TDs in the last one.

Yea, he’s 25. So what. With the rules the way they are, he could play for 15 years no problem. I’d love to have him. He’d bring a maturity that normal rookies can’t.
It’s not that people are again Stetson…it’s just that people are against the type of people who are for Stetson. The types who think that winning games in college have a correlation with NFL success. I think Stetson is OK. He is a solid athlete but he’s undersized, the age of Joe Burrow, and doesn’t have a great arm. He’s a 3rd-5th round prospect. If he didn’t play on UGA…that would probably be optimistic

It’s not that people are again Stetson…it’s just that people are against the type of people who are for Stetson. The types who think that winning games in college have a correlation with NFL success. I think Stetson is OK. He is a solid athlete but he’s undersized, the age of Joe Burrow, and doesn’t have a great arm. He’s a 3rd-5th round prospect. If he didn’t play on UGA…that would probably be optimistic

I get that. The winning isn’t the only reason I like him. It’s the ability to read defenses and make accurate throws. Managing the game. He’s probably not gonna be a Mahomes or Burrow. But we don’t need that to win games. Good defenses and smart QB play can win championships. We have half of that equation already.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom