Mel Kiper Chat (Espn.com) (1 Viewer)

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'ma see if I can get a Saints Question answered, but I did find one already...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Albi (Manhattan): What do you think of the Saints picking up Curtis Lofton in the second round?

Mel Kiper: (1:41 PM ET ) I think it would be a good move. The Saints need an LB. They need a big play LB. Curtis Lofton is a heckuva football player. Their LBs overall combined for just 5 sacks. I do like Lofton. CB is the No. 1 need, however. They need a topflight cover man. No question.

NOLAaustin

High Priest of WhoDat
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I've been asking Kiper a bunch of questions about why he's so high on Kentwan Balmer. No response yet though

Bee Rad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Someone got through:

Albi (Manhattan): What do you think of the Saints picking up Curtis Lofton in the second round?

SportsNation Mel Kiper: (1:41 PM ET ) I think it would be a good move. The Saints need an LB. They need a big play LB. Curtis Lofton is a heckuva football player. Their LBs overall combined for just 5 sacks. I do like Lofton. CB is the No. 1 need, however. They need a topflight cover man. No question.

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We need a top flight cover CB and DT. One should come from FA. Guess who?

Usama will be better too. I think we need a safety as much as a CB--- well almost.

wnelson

Who Dat Nation
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
albert haynesworth and nashoubmougha usedtobearaider (no clue how to either say or spell that guy's name) but those are my dreams with a focus on linebacker in the draft and upgrading depth.

NOLAaustin

High Priest of WhoDat
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
was haynesworth the guy that spit on someone or did something real shady during a game for the titans and got suspended?

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
was haynesworth the guy that spit on someone or did something real shady during a game for the titans and got suspended?
he did many things including going after a guy with a metal pipe... I think it was a team mate. He stepped on Gurrode's (center for the Cowboys?) head and ripped it open. I thought for a second he was going beat the you know what out of Fisher for "trying" to discipline him.

hookedsaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
albert haynesworth and nashoubmougha usedtobearaider (no clue how to either say or spell that guy's name) but those are my dreams with a focus on linebacker in the draft and upgrading depth.
Cool, I just found out that Nnamdi Asomugha which means "Jesus Lives" in Nigerian
was born in Lafayette, LA.

I wish he would come home but aren't the raiders suppose to franchise him?

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Cool, I just found out that Nnamdi Asomugha which means "Jesus Lives" in Nigerian
was born in Lafayette, LA.

I wish he would come home but aren't the raiders suppose to franchise him?
It's Nnamdi :)
His name is SO confusing to spell...and yea, the Raiders are expected to franchise him, but if they don't, MY GOD PAYTON, SIGN HIM!

canuckredux

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Every time we think the Haynesworth/Asomugha yak has quieted down, someone has to come back and start bellowing it again.

For the umpteenth time:

[size=+5]NOT GONNA HAPPEN![/size]

Teams don't let guys that good walk. Ever hear of the franchise tag?

Slim K

Suggestions?
Reaction score
Every time we think the Haynesworth/Asomugha yak has quieted down, someone has to come back and start bellowing it again.

For the umpteenth time:

[size=+5]NOT GONNA HAPPEN![/size]

Teams don't let guys that good walk. Ever hear of the franchise tag?
Ahhh I see.

Can you tell me what the future holds for me?

IceHot

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
The interesting thing about Nnandi is that he was a first round pick by Al Davis that everyone laughed at. He wasnt on any of teh analysts radar and they all said Al was reaching big time.

When you get a diamond in the rough like that and go against the grain the pick becomes personal. This is the kind of guy Al will take care of and get a contract done with him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom