Mel Kiper's Latest Saints Draft Prediction (4 Rounds) (1 Viewer)

I think Purdue players have worked out for the Saints so I am all for Neal :)
At this pt. I am torn about whats more important LBer or DT for our team.

The second scouting report listed has Neal going late 2nd to early 3rd rounds and said he was the best D-lineman at The East West Shrine game and was also impressive at the Senior Bowl. Maybe it's not a reach pick at all. And while he is not huge, Kiper says he's a run-stuffing DT. An intriguing pick for sure.

Actually not a horrible mock by a guy known for horrible mocks. The only problem I have is the Neal pick in the second. If the Saints are going to make a reach for a DT in the second it will be for someone like Linval Joesph.

Agreed. Really love the other picks, but don't see Hughes getting past the Jets if he's still on the board.

I kinda agree...I can see the Jets pulling that trigger.

Out of curiosity (because I can't see Insider crap)...anybody know who Kiper has the Jets taking in the 1st?

Has Kiper ever gotten our first pick correct?

I think we can pretty much put the kibosh on ANY of those 4 picks being drafted by the Saints, now that Kiper thinks it so. :hihi:

What amazes me endlessly is how draftniks continually think every team will draft according to their needs. The best franchises pick BPA, and the only time they stray from that outlook is when they trade up to select a particular player. What I wouldn't give to see the Saints' draft board ...

We are pretty hard on Kiper about some picks who we may not recongnize, but those kinds of picks seem to be the norm for us.

Who expected Arnoux in the 4th last year or for us to trade up for a punter?

Jahri Evans and Bushrod were also guys off our radar

Based on the Saints history of consistently surprising us with their picks and consistently being right...... I predict ...a surprise.

On that note I believe defense draftees are tougher to evaluate than offensive guys. If you can run, pass, catch, block, or whatever, it seems to be easier to translate into skill than tackling, shedding blocks, strength, and sacks. Strength of competition, skill of teammates, and the teams gameplan make collegic defenders tough for me to analyze.

I kinda agree...I can see the Jets pulling that trigger.

Out of curiosity (because I can't see Insider crap)...anybody know who Kiper has the Jets taking in the 1st?

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 3
Based on the Saints history of consistently surprising us with their picks and consistently being right...... I predict ...a surprise.

On that note I believe defense draftees are tougher to evaluate than offensive guys. If you can run, pass, catch, block, or whatever, it seems to be easier to translate into skill than tackling, shedding blocks, strength, and sacks. Strength of competition, skill of teammates, and the teams gameplan make collegic defenders tough for me to analyze.

5 intriguiging names

Junior Galette OLB/DE Stillman College
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK_Vpfd-KDs&feature=related

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah DB IUP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWyHc-KGp6c

Joquie Bell RB Wayne State
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maJGf5asUVY&feature=related

Matt Nichols QB Eastern Washington
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDEefnJg12M

Kade Weston DT Georgia

Another name to add is Ramon Harewood.

another late round OL prospect. looks good to me

Morehouse OT Ramon Harewood has met with the Minnesota Vikings, Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bears, Oakland Raiders and Jacksonville Jaguars, according to a source. He is meeting with the Dallas Cowboys Wednesday, April 14. Harewood has worked out for the New Orleans Saints and Baltimore Ravens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom