Mel Kiper's Latest Saints Draft Prediction (4 Rounds) (1 Viewer)

I love the Hughes, Stuckey, and Dixon picks.

Mike Neal in the 2nd? Don't see that happening.

Mike Neal #92 Purdue Football
NEAL.M.92_150.JPG

Defensive Tackle
Height: 6-foot-4
Weight: 302 pounds
Class Year: Sr
Experience: 3V
Hometown: Merrillville, IN
High School: Merrillville

Personal: Camp 2009: Neal should be one of the top defensive linemen in the Big Ten.

2009: Received team's Hammer Award (outstanding hitter) for spring season... team co-captain.

2008: Appeared in all 12 games, including 11 starts ... ranked second on team with 5.5 sacks and third with 10.0 tackles for loss ... had 33 tackles (18 solo, 15 assists) ... tied career-high with five tackles at Notre Dame on Sept. 27 (1 solo, 4 assists), at Northwestern on Oct. 18 (4 solo, 1 assist) and at Iowa on Nov. 15 (all assists) ... recorded career-high two sacks at Northwestern on Oct. 18 ... came up with 1.5 tackles for loss vs. Central Michigan on Sept. 20, at Notre Dame on Sept. 27 and vs. Minnesota on Oct. 25.

2007: Appeared in all 13 games ... recorded 22 tackles (10 solo, 12 assists), including 3.5 for loss and 2.0 sacks, with one pass breakup ... recorded sack at Toledo on Sept. 1 ... had career-high five tackles (2 solo, 3 assists), including 1.5 for loss and 1.0 sack, vs. Central Michigan in Motor City Bowl on Dec. 26.

2006: Appeared in nine games as reserve ... had nine tackles (8 solo, 1 assist), including 1.0 for loss, and one pass breakup ... missed five games with turf toe injury ... had two tackles (both solo) at Michigan State on Nov. 4 ... recorded tackle for loss vs. Indiana on Nov. 18 ... had season-high three tackles (all solo) and a pass breakup vs. Maryland in Champs Sports Bowl on Dec. 29.

2005: Did not play.

High School: Ranked as No. 29 strongside defensive end in nation and No. 6 player in Indiana by Rivals.com ... No. 33 defensive end in nation by Collegefootballnews.com ... No. 56 overall prospect in Midwest by Prep Football Report ... first team all-state as senior after totaling 59 tackles, including 24 for loss and 12 sacks, with 20 quarterback hurries, six pass breakups and one blocked kick ... had 49 tackles, including 14 for loss and four sacks, with three pass breakups and one fumble recovery as junior ... coach was Jeff Yelton ... also played basketball.

Personal: Given name is Michael Jamel Neal ... born June 26, 1987 ... health and fitness major ... enjoys watching TV and studying ... father, Michael, played football at Weber State.

- Purdue sports information

Don't know about Stuckey,but somewhere in there's got to be a OLB. I'd be all for the Saints trading up for another 3rd/4th to pick and picking OLB

Yeah I was confused as well at Mike Neal going in the 2nd. But from what I know, Stuckey is more of a SS. Anyone watch Stuckey enough to know if he can play FS? No LBs in the first 4 rounds? I seriously doubt that Also, replace Neal with Linval. If that draft did happen, I wouldn't be too upset, but I think we could do better.

This would be a great draft!

Don't know about Stuckey,but somewhere in there's got to be a OLB. I'd be all for the Saints trading up for another 3rd/4th to pick and picking OLB

Jerry Hugghes is primarily a OLB. Kiper has him projected as DE with the Saints, but with GW this guy's flexibility would be a definite asset. As for second round, the Saints could have a couple of picks before #64, in which case I see Linval Joseph in the second round.

Jerry Hugghes is primarily a OLB. Kiper has him projected as DE with the Saints, but with GW this guy's flexibility would be a definite asset. As for second round, the Saints could have a couple of picks before #64, in which case I see Linval Joseph in the second round.

I though Hughes was a 3-4 OLB & 4-3 DE?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom