Mel Kiper's updated 1st round mock (3/4/08) (1 Viewer)

If only we could have DRC and McKenzie with Young as the nickel to learn from MM before he retires or moves on...I'm setting myself up for dissapointment

:sad:

Where does Gay fit in?

How quickly Aquib Talib and Mike Jenkins have fallen! (Does Kiper even have them in the first round?)

Is it me or is the Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie love getting a little our of hand?

If the guy was named Domonique Rodgers would it be the same? The guy has gone from being a second day pick to a top 10 pick in two months! It's astounding. Everything about it screams Akili Smith (except his last name).

Is it me or is the Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie love getting a little our of hand?

If the guy was named Domonique Rodgers would it be the same? The guy has gone from being a second day pick to a top 10 pick in two months! It's astounding. Everything about it screams Akili Smith (except his last name).

Once again you make a good point.

I suspect that his name plays a big part in interest amongst fans and media. But I also suspect that his outstanding senior bowl week & combine work is what has recently endeared him to pro scouts.

Once again you make a good point.

I suspect that his name plays a big part in interest amongst fans and media. But I also suspect that his outstanding senior bowl week & combine work is what has recently endeared him to pro scouts.

Yea I think his name has some positive aspects, but he proved it when he got the change against top competition. He has the measurables, he has the work ethnic. You can say that he is moving up too far too fast, but you can also say what Kiper said in his chat. Had he had a USC or Michigan helmet on he probably would have already gotten the hype and the combine/senior week would have only been conformation.

I think this is a weak CB class at the top, so it is easy to see why he is filling in that spot. It will be interesting to see whathe does from here.

DRC hasn't been a 2nd day selection almost at all this year.

He was a borderline 2nd/3rd rounder towards the beginning of the season on Draft Scout.

He's been on real scout's radars for a long, long time. Just because he wasn't on lolomgzkiperjrz73 's mock over on footballsfuture.com doesn't mean he's some workout warrior.

CBs

Is it just me or does Kiper say we need to get a CB every year :dunno:

He does and he has been right. The Saints have needed to draft a top CB for many years. This has been a long-time weakness of the Saints.

When was the last time that the Saints had two shut-down CBs?

Could we please Draft DRC have three good CBs, and cut Jason David and Fred Thomas? That would make my year. Then next year Kiper and his hair could suggest another position. Lets just hope he doesn't say QB.

FYI, Fred Thomas is a free agent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom