Mel Kiper's updated 1st round mock (3/4/08) (1 Viewer)

i haven't paid a Kiper mock any attention in years.. he's a decent scout but terrible at these draft predictions

Care to share with the non-insiders?

Sorry, guillermo, but Pay sites can't be copied. But in my own words (which is fair game):

Mel essentially thinks that Chris Long will be the first pick taken followed by Dorsey and then Ryan. He sees Ellis going at 8 and DRC going at 7 with McFadden going to the Raiders. Gholston to the Jets, Jake Long to KC and Merling to the Bengals.

Just one round.

I never said we didn't need a CB. It is just the same thing out of him every year is all I was pointing out. To be honest Kiper's opinion on things is about as productive as a wet fart.

Never underestimate the productivity of a wet fart.

Anyway, the more I hear about DRC, the more I want him. Personally, if we left this draft with him and Connor as a 2nd round pick, I'd feel really good going into the season. DRC seems like he has the tools to make it work in the league and Connor comes from a big time college program where he made plays against other star players who are in the league or about to be. We can then use the rest of the draft to get our D and O -lines depth and maybe fit in a safety. I say this with the mindset we address TE in FA.

Sorry, guillermo, but Pay sites can't be copied. But in my own words (which is fair game):
Mel essentially thinks that Chris Long will be the first pick taken followed by Dorsey and then Ryan. He sees Ellis going at 8 and DRC going at 7 with McFadden going to the Raiders. Gholston to the Jets, Jake Long to KC and Merling to the Bengals.
Just one round.

Hey Kooldak, sorry for the rough demand on my part. I still don't see the raiders picking McFadden, with with them you never know.

Now, let's talk about Leodis. I know we all like DRC but I am sure we are not the only ones. If he is gone as well as the two tackles (we are the saints, and these things happen to us often), then who would you prefer? Leodis McKelvin or Rivers?

Besides his cover skills, McKelvin will be a plus for his abilities in the return game. Rivers is a good linebacker, but I think we can get a good one also on the second round.

One player I am not excited for is Mike Jenkins, surely I would love to see more of his game to make a better judgement.

So Rivers or McKelvin, who would you prefer?

Kiper was also asked which DT could slide to the Saints at 10 in his weekly chat...he said it would be impossible, that he doesn't think either of them get past number 8 if that far.

well its probably because we need a cornerback every year.

Could we please Draft DRC have three good CBs, and cut Jason David and Fred Thomas? That would make my year. Then next year Kiper and his hair could suggest another position. Lets just hope he doesn't say QB.

Kiper is worthless. He rarely picks more than a 1/4 of the picks correctly. i put no stock in his opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom