Meltdown! (1 Viewer)

I go to their board often but not to post. I just love watcing the whole on the bandwangon/off the bandwagon nature of their fans throughout the season. At the beginning of the season they were talking Super Bowl. Then a couple of weeks ago they wanted Vick benched and coaches fired. Then over the last 2 weeks they were back to talking Super Bowl. Now this week they want coaches fired again. I have never seen fans of one team jump on and off the wagon as fast as Falcons games. I may get upset when the Saints lose but I'm not going to jump ship at first sight of a bad game.

Truth be told, it sounded just like a Saints board at the end of 2002.

Some of their guys were actually pretty savvy and funny, moreso than I expected. But they allow too many large pictures and sigpics, which I think are a great distraction.

On the whole, that thread is a most enjoyable experience.

They need an Andrus not only to contain the trashtalking, but to whack some of those hideous, huge, animated .gif signatures. Jeebus, it's a festival of dancing bologna.

Those people are crazy, and im a falcon fan. I have been in lurker mode because when you post something and they dont agree, they will tear you a new one. But like one stated, yes you wouldnt think we were 5-3.

Its a shame.

Yeah,... I could smell the smoke over in Africa!
A Saints fan in Africa. How cool is that! This is very multinational Saints fans board. I LOVE it. Anywho, it's hard enough to keep a team together even without a lot of dissent from the fans and, IMO, the Falcons weren't very team oriented from the get go. I dunno when it's coming but a total Falcons meltdown on the field is coming. And if it comes on 11/26, why, that'd be just fine.

They'll win next week and then the Vick love, talk of Saints tanking and the Falcons getting a first round bye will be right back in full swing. Especially if we lose to the Steelers. God I hope we can beat the Steelers.

They need an Andrus not only to contain the trashtalking, but to whack some of those hideous, huge, animated .gif signatures. Jeebus, it's a festival of dancing bologna.

You sir. are so right, Moderation there is so non-existant, they're board goes down at peak times yet nothing change, Plus all the sly Jabs at Katrina everytime they lose and we win is rediculas.

A Saints fan in Africa. How cool is that! This is very multinational Saints fans board. I LOVE it. Anywho, it's hard enough to keep a team together even without a lot of dissent from the fans and, IMO, the Falcons weren't very team oriented from the get go. I dunno when it's coming but a total Falcons meltdown on the field is coming. And if it comes on 11/26, why, that'd be just fine.

LOL, Just keep in mine, I was born in New Orleans and was a season ticket holder until I left for Chicago in 2001. This is my first year in Africa.

The director of the school is from New York and is a Giants fan. Some of the students are fans as well, but they like teams like, Patriots, Dallas, etc,...

I did see one 1 cardinals cap on a txi driver and two Redskins t- shirts (the same one). It eems the redskians must have dumped unsold merchandise.

Anyway, I teaching PE as well, and I am teaching them how to play American Football. I have to say, most show ethusiasm, but I haven't seen so many ducks since the opening of duck season.

Anyway, it may seem odd to us that the falcons are pessimistic, but I think it has more to do with expectations being so high in August. They are coming back down to reality.

Did you guys see this one? This is about how Vick is better than Manning....

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=197584

It difficult to tell who is and isn't a greater quarterback. It difficult to tell because Manning has been so durable we haven't really had a chance to see how the Colts will do without him.

For the Falcons, Vick has proven to be difference maker. We know this because we know Stlanta struggles without him.

Its also diffciult because they are two different types of quartback. Could Vick become a pocket passer? Well others have succeeded. Steve Young comes to mind. Other haven't really materialize, like Cunningham. As he slowed down, so did his effectiveness.

Again Manning has a lot nore years on Vick. Vick is still relative young, and yet, he has broight his team to the brink of a Super Bowl.

Vick contribute alot for the Falcons. He has a lot of potential. Believing that he may be greater than Manning some day is not out of bounds, but definitely premature.

It difficult to tell who is and isn't a greater quarterback. It difficult to tell because Manning has been so durable we haven't really had a chance to see how the Colts will do without him.

For the Falcons, Vick has proven to be difference maker. We know this because we know Stlanta struggles without him.

Its also diffciult because they are two different types of quartback. Could Vick become a pocket passer? Well others have succeeded. Steve Young comes to mind. Other haven't really materialize, like Cunningham. As he slowed down, so did his effectiveness.

Again Manning has a lot nore years on Vick. Vick is still relative young, and yet, he has broight his team to the brink of a Super Bowl.

Vick contribute alot for the Falcons. He has a lot of potential. Believing that he may be greater than Manning some day is not out of bounds, but definitely premature.

The Colts under Peyton are 56-16 since 2002 and have been to the playoffs every year. The Falcons are right around .500 and have been to the playoffs once. The Colts have done it with some of the most horrific defenses known to man and the Falcons one year they made the playoffs they had one of the best defenses in the league and they had the best running game. There is no comparison. Unless Vick learns how to throw, takes his team to the playoff the next 5 years and wins a SB the comparison is like comparing Amani Toomer to Jerry Rice.

The Colts under Peyton are 56-16 since 2002 and have been to the playoffs every year. The Falcons are right around .500 and have been to the playoffs once. The Colts have done it with some of the most horrific defenses known to man and the Falcons one year they made the playoffs they had one of the best defenses in the league and they had the best running game. There is no comparison. Unless Vick learns how to throw, takes his team to the playoff the next 5 years and wins a SB the comparison is like comparing Amani Toomer to Jerry Rice.

I am not exactly sure what you are disagreeing about. I never made any comparison. In fact, I said, it isn't possible to make a comparison.

Why (I reiterate)
  1. Vick as been injure frequently. What we do know is that he has a hge impact on their performance.
  2. Vick as considerable less experience
  3. Vick and peyton are totally different style quarteback.

I also stated that it will be few years before we know just how much Vick does or doesn't do,... in otherwords, its premature to compare. Now how you got I was comparing the two from that I don't have a "freaking" clue. :bash:

I thinbk they play the Browns next Sunday. That is an easy win. Then the Ravens (much tougher).

We HAVE TO beat them in Atlanta. That is our first play off game. Vital!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom