Community Member Check-in: from Oldtimers to Lurkers - How're you doing? (1 Viewer)

SharonT

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So good seeing so many of you logging in, but so many questions. How's your momma n'em? :hihi: I thought this might work as a separate thread.

I'll start: Still teaching (kind of/sort of from home for the past couple of weeks.) My family's doing well. Trying to watch and read what's going on with this virus, but it's a delicate balance of not enough or too much information. One of my children is an RN in a COVID unit, The weather outside is absolutely gorgeous. Strange times! :covri: :shrug: ??

Well we be hanging in there...already tired of pinto beans and got 9 lbs left. Got a freezer full of meat so trying to do meat 3-4 time a week. Never one to go out anyway but with my new Whataburger app it's a delight since it gives me curb service without the long drive thru lines and paid for like an Uber...got granddaughter this week so school work (2nd grade) takes up wife's time and patience...great weather lately so cutting a little grass a day makes me look ambitious...only hit up store for fresh fruits and nibbles. Too early to get stir crazy so trying not to think about how long this may last...luckily we been retired for 3 years and are homebodies any who ... keep da chin up!

we closed the shop monday which gave me a nice paid vacation----of three days. opening back up tomorrow, we've been getting 50+ calls a day from people needing our services-----by our rules.

(be strong zach !....it's not the end of the world for you)

?
Ugly, rainy, cold day. Not going out wasn't exactly a big sacrifice. Wiped down and polished the countertop. Will walk later up and down the stairs of my 4 floor townhouse.
Tomorrow will be a different story because I have run out of several things. Pennsylvania, especially around here, has been shut down for a while. There are five cases quite close by. I am not in the worst hit county, but we are seeing more cases every day.
Mostly, I just go from the ssr to the ee board. ?

Aint dere no more is going to be huge when all is said and done. Im talking about businesses (hopefully not people, but there will be some of that too unfortunately)

my relationship aint dere no more. Quarantine put an already strained relationship on ice.
Wow. Sorry to hear that. And you're right. And it's so not fair since NOLA has already been through it, but this will be the death knell to a myriad of other things that were just barely holding on.

Teaching from home through online classes, which is different but nice. Keeping my own children, who attend public school, focused and busy has been challenging but we're making it.

Nothing has really changed for. My wife and I are both considered essential so we continue our normal routine. No quarantine here in east central Mississippi.
We both work in Meridian and they have a curfew from 9:00 pm to 6:00 am. I was given a card to give to anyone who stops me explaining that I have “Right of passage”.
Other than that, we don’t go out much so all this is having little impact on our lives.

Wow. Sorry to hear that. And you're right. And it's so not fair since NOLA has already been through it, but this will be the death knell to a myriad of other things that were just barely holding on.

main reason I even mention it is that mine isn’t the only one. My sister and her husband have more or less agreed to dovorce after it’s over. They have three kids. Neither of their jobs are actually affected except they don’t have the nanny anymore and home school 3 kids is a huge strain. everyone is dealing with a lot of extra issues they weren’t two weeks ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom