Memorial Day Post of Huge Gratitude to Our Past and Current Veterans (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I get so caught up in my day to day life, as if its really important -lol, I sometimes do not open my eyes to the tremendous sacrifices our past and current veterans make/made to provide the amazing freedom we all share in this country. This holiday is to recognize that tremendous effort and sacrifice made for all of us, many who are no longer with us, having the ultimate sacrifice.

My new girlfriend has me going to service on Sunday now. Many of my friends calling that a miracle -lol. She is a retired Army officer. The service leader yesterday showed a quote from the bible that said something like, "There is no greater sacrifice a man can make than to give his life for his friends." That was very wise 2,000 years ago and still holds true today. We buried one of my workout buddy's son, a 25-year old Marine about 2 months ago. So this topic has close relevance to me today.

Special thanks, Standing "O" and bow of deep gratitude to all our Veterans: Past, Present and Future.

Well said my friend. As a veteran and father of a disabled veteran, I appreciate first hand the unbelievable sacrifices our men and women make for our Country. I just wonder today if most people really understand what our men and women in uniform do to serve and protect this Country! Today is indeed a day to take just a moment and give honor in our own way to those who have sacrificed their all for our great Country.

Well said my friend. As a veteran and father of a disabled veteran, I appreciate first hand the unbelievable sacrifices our men and women make for our Country. I just wonder today if most people really understand what our men and women in uniform do to serve and protect this Country! Today is indeed a day to take just a moment and give honor in our own way to those who have sacrificed their all for our great Country.

Hey JvilleJoe - Thank you so much for your efforts and sacrifice. So sorry to hear about your son. Even with the crazy politics we have in this country today, our freedom is still a most special gift. You and your boy have given to us this gift. We are all so grateful and you 2 will be in prayers tonite - Dan

I get so caught up in my day to day life, as if its really important -lol, I sometimes do not open my eyes to the tremendous sacrifices our past and current veterans make/made to provide the amazing freedom we all share in this country. This holiday is to recognize that tremendous effort and sacrifice made for all of us, many who are no longer with us, having the ultimate sacrifice.

My new girlfriend has me going to service on Sunday now. Many of my friends calling that a miracle -lol. She is a retired Army officer. The service leader yesterday showed a quote from the bible that said something like, "There is no greater sacrifice a man can make than to give his life for his friends." That was very wise 2,000 years ago and still holds true today. We buried one of my workout buddy's son, a 25-year old Marine about 2 months ago. So this topic has close relevance to me today.

Special thanks, Standing "O" and bow of deep gratitude to all our Veterans: Past, Present and Future.

Great Post Swimmer, your World Class.

So sorry for you and your friends loss.

Thank you to all here on SR who have served and or serving in the military so that we can be free.

You really are appreciated!

As a Vietnam era and Desert Storm veteran in both active and reserve military, I appreciate the current respect. However, after Vietnam the respect and appreciation was MIA. Studies show that since the advent of all volunteer military, about 1% of our citizens have served in the military. The other 99% generally dont understand all the sacrifices made by service members during war time.

Thanks for the warm and gracious post, Swimmer. As a veteran, I say thank you.

...put a solid PERIOD right there.

Obligatory side note: We should all remember that there are three days where our military are given a salute:

1) Armed Forces Day: This day gives special recognition to our military on Active duty.

2) Veterans Day: This day gives honor to ALL military (deceased, past service, active or retired).

3) Memorial Day: Gives honor to those who died in active service, making the ultimate sacrifice.

Again, thanks for this touching post.

"All gave some; some gave all."

Attachments

• Memorial Day.jpg
    Memorial Day.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 4

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom