Mercedes-Benz to focus on Atlanta stadium; Superdome to have new name in 2021 (1 Viewer)

Very much appreciate their money. Time to move on. I would not want my name on an empty stadium, but I’m not a professional marketer.

Saw that coming. Superdome is too iconic, no one was saying the whole name consistently, it’s like when the announcers kept calling the Surface tablets “IPads”, so many still just call it the Superdome, whereas the Falcons stadium has no identity of its own so it makes sense to focus the brand there.

Well it makes sense that the stadium doesn't have an identity because the team that plays there doesn't have much of an identity either............…........other than chokers!!......….. :p

I would call Amazon, Google, Apple, Microsoft and Bank of Americ

Tabasco, Honda, JAX Brewery, Microsoft (just think of all the upgrade computer generated systems the dome would get), Google....just to name a few.

As noted above, after moving its North American headquarters to Atlanta, Mercedes had no interest in renewing. I have no idea what company would want to buy the naming rights. A hospitality-industry company like Hilton or Hyatt makes some sense. And if a local company like Tabasco wanted to truly go national, I could see the marketing opportunities.

Back when the Saints first started searching for a Superdome sponsor, Tobasco was the first thought that popped into my head. I actually went to their website and contacted them with the suggestion to pursue the naming rights to the Superdome and that it was a perfect fit. Surprisingly, they responded with a very nice message thanking me for the suggestion, but that was not something they were considering at that time. Maybe now the time is right.

McIlhenny Co. is estimated to be worth between 2 and 3 billion dollars and is sold all over the world. The last count I saw was 161 countries. But since it is privately owned by 130 members of the McIlhenny family, it may be hard to commit to such an expensive form of advertising.

The Dixie Brewing Superdome Taproom.
This might actually be kind of brilliant. I know Mrs. Benson is trying to sort of "re-launch" the brand and I imagine this would be a pretty good way to do so. Of course it is a little bit of double dipping.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom