Mercy Rule (1 Viewer)

FF Mercy: Insulting, Merciful or Stupid?

• Merciful. No sense in running up the score.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Insulting. Who wants to be beaten with fewer opponents?

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Stupid. Always score as many points as possible incase they're used as a tie-breaker.

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

TheDeparted

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, somehow I've made it to a 5-1 record so far, with an auto-drafted team and a slew of FA/waiver-wire pickups.

The last 3 weeks, however, I've come out of Sunday night as the clear victor with one or more players YTP on Monday Night after my opponents' players have all been 'used'.

So, because there's a 0.0000000001% chance that my YTP players score enough negative points to lose the game for me, I bench them and just take 100.0% chance of a win. This week I benched Kyle Orton and Antonio Gates because I've already won 71.5 to 57.

Is this considered insulting or merciful?

you put forth your best starting line up and you let them play

don't be a dbag

Yeah, now your thinking too much about it.

Score the points. It's the other teams problem if they can't score points.

dbag? Really?

Okay, I'll just put them back in, then.

But what if, as in a previous week, I've only got the lead by 1 point and I have the only player YTP? Do I risk losing the game if that one player has a horrible outing scoring -1 or -2 points or do I guarantee myself the victory by benching said player?

I have benched a kicker before witha 1 point lead.

So, for the people who think it's insulting, you'd rather lose by 60 points than by, say, 15? Or am I misinterpreting the reasons?

:plus-un2:
Folks are missing sarcasm right and left on SSF, and here, where I was sure it was sarcasm, it isn't.

If you lock up a playoff spot be sure to drop 3 starters, just to be cool. :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom