Meredith to IR (1 Viewer)

My guess is the Saints knew the risks involved when they signed him. They were probably hoping he would be close to 100% by the second half of the season. It looks like he hasn't recovered like they hoped and decided to put him on IR and went after Bryant. The writing was on the wall if we looked at his snap count through the season. I hope we get to see a 100% Meredith in 2019.

What a bizarre world we live in. Person gets rather seriously hurt and needs surgery. And a common reaction is “what a waste of time.”

Probably the same kinda of zero empathy having people
that want someone to come in to work immediately after a funeral.

I think those types (not all, but some.) root from Fantasy Football. [Insert player] is worthless if they can't provide them points/etc.

I saw it coming. I don't think the front office ever looked at him as being an immediate impact player to begin with. I think he tweaked the knee, and is going in to have some cleanup work done. He can start rehabbing soon and be in good form for next May.

Good luck in the surgery, and get ready to put in the rehab work CM! We’ll see you next season back at 100%!
I’m gonna pretend he’s our 4th round draft pick next April.. only we get him with a year’s worth of experience in our system.

So is this a sort of cleanup procedure or did he injure his knee again?

A scope is just about always for meniscus cleanup, so it's a good bet it's new. Also, a minor meniscus tear is common, and doesn't set back the reconstructive surgery.

ETA: Meniscus injury is usually not an elevated risk with reconstructive surgery, it was just bad luck.

This is a shame for Meredith. Like everyone here I was hoping he’d bounce back from his brutal knee injury. Well...not this year but hopefully he can make a full recover like is being reported. This explains the Dez Bryant signing completely. He’s the big, physical threat they were hoping to get from Meredith.

So does this means the Saints medical staff dropped the ball again? It sure sounds like they did.

What a bizarre world we live in. Person gets rather seriously hurt and needs surgery. And a common reaction is “what a waste of time.”

Probably the same kinda of zero empathy having people that want someone to come in to work immediately after a funeral.

Yep.
Empathy is dying, if it isn’t already dead.

My wife’s only boss, other two above her are the two Owners....denied her to go see her dying father. Then he died, just as we knew and they told us he would, days later....

We went to the funeral and he (that boss) was even texting her there. She won’t let me lay into the guy. I’d really like to.

Sorry for the rant. ?
Get well Cam.

This is a shame for Meredith. Like everyone here I was hoping he’d bounce back from his brutal knee injury. Well...not this year but hopefully he can make a full recover like is being reported. This explains the Dez Bryant signing completely. He’s the big, physical threat they were hoping to get from Meredith.

Many posters speculated this move before we signed Dez.
Heck i thought we were thin at WR before placing Cam on IR,

He's a smart young player with a lot of heart. Heard he's a great teammate too. Once he heals up we have another dominate receiver. Next year looks very promising!

Yup, so many people were right about that when we signed Dez.
I feel bad for Cam, hope he can get in better shape for next year.

This was a risk we took when signing him over Snead, but I don't worry about offensive production.
Heck Kamara is in pace for just shy of a 1,000 yards receiving!

Ive got no problem with the move. The guy has proven he can play in this league, let him keep working to recover. He is still young. Word is he is having a scope, so the FO just went full recovery mode by IRing him and signing Dez. We basically redshirted Meachem his first 2 years, and he went on to have a decent 3 seasons for us afterwards. We don't need Meredith to catch 90 balls. If he can come back and catch 40-50 we will be ok.

This. The front office knows what it's doing. Dez just needs to perform. And he's not put his hands out for a more catchable pass in his life than what he's about to experience with Drew.

I'm no doctor or former athlete by any means, but arthroscopy is usually a cleanup procedure, based on all the other times I've read about it.

Get well, Cameron! I'm sure its just a clean up procedure and he'll be full-go for the offseason.

I was first confused by the Dez Bryant moved.

Then I got excited about, at the very least, having amazing WR Depth.

Now I'm spoiled by the temporary veil of WR Depth and I wanna know if or when Ginn can come back...

All in all, gotta admit this still feels like a special season. The path to the Super Bowl requires that a lot of balls bounce your way. To have a talent like Dez Bryant available when we lose somebody feels like divine intervention...Who DAT?!?

So does this means the Saints medical staff dropped the ball again? It sure sounds like they did.

I don’t think this one is on the medical staff. Everyone who watches football knew Meredith had a severe knee injury. The team took a gamble on him. Without the injury the Bears would have never let him go. The Bears tried to hold on to him on the cheap as a RFA the Saints signed to an offer. I hope he can recover and return but the draft and receiver depleted Saints are going to need to leave no stone unturned looking for WRs this off-season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom