Meredith to IR (1 Viewer)

It would be nice not to have him summarily thrown under the bus. Calculated risk to sign him while he recovered, there will be plenty more chances to tap into his potential after this season.

It would be nice not to have him summarily thrown under the bus. Calculated risk to sign him while he recovered, there will be plenty more chances to tap into his potential after this season.

Agree. I think Payton likes what he has seen from Meredith, so he still has a bright future on this team.

It is kind of scary because he had the entire 2017 year off. So 1.5 years off, missed the first four games of this year and now another setback. Bears looking like they made the right decision. I hope he can get to 100% in the off-season.

Kind of figure that. Really was rooting for him to do well or at least contribute somewhat. I didn't expect big numbers since he didn't have a lot of training camp. The small sample I have seen, he still doesn't look comfortable at all. Honestly I was a little shock he came back early for training camp. Tearing both ACL and MCL takes a good while to recover.

I'm wondering if Meredith re-injured his knee, or if he never fully recovered? I saw him come in and out of the Rams game, but mainly for blocking.

Another Bears bust.
What a bizarre world we live in. Person gets rather seriously hurt and needs surgery. And a common reaction is “what a waste of time.”

Probably the same kinda of zero empathy having people that want someone to come in to work immediately after a funeral.

I'm wondering if Meredith re-injured his knee, or if he never fully recovered? I saw him come in and out of the Rams game, but mainly for blocking.

If i had to guess I'd say never fully recovered. Just look at his routes run in 2016 vs 2018. He's not the same.

What a bizarre world we live in. Person gets rather seriously hurt and needs surgery. And a common reaction is “what a waste of time.”

Probably the same kinda of zero empathy having people that want someone to come in to work immediately after a funeral.
Or it's possible that he never fully recovered from the injury he had when we first signed him. We don't know all the details yet, so we just have to assume. Considering that he has 1 year left on his contract, you have to wonder if he's ever going to recover and be the player that we thought we were going to get.

That makes the good move great and answers many questions. Now we will get a lot of production from that position. DEZ or Tre 'Quan vs their CB3 or a safety or LB.....doesn't really matter. Dez is a guy who has made a career, battling CB1's and sometimes help. Dez is going to eat proper in New Orleans off these CB2's and CB3's.

Not a surprise...wish Meredith a speedy recovery.

Ive got no problem with the move. The guy has proven he can play in this league, let him keep working to recover. He is still young. Word is he is having a scope, so the FO just went full recovery mode by IRing him and signing Dez. We basically redshirted Meachem his first 2 years, and he went on to have a decent 3 seasons for us afterwards. We don't need Meredith to catch 90 balls. If he can come back and catch 40-50 we will be ok.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom