[Merged] 2009 NFC Championship Game (1 Viewer)

That was the game that ultimately led to me now being on blood pressure medication.

I think our current team is better on both sides of the ball, but Drew was probably better then since he was like a decade younger lol. That defense could create some turnovers with the best of them tho. If they recover most of those Peterson fumbles the game may have not been close

I think that Vikings team was better than this Rams team as well. Favre, Peterson, Rice, Harvin, & Shiancoe was a damn good & dangerous offense. A future hall of game vet like Favre could deal with that crowd noise a lot better than a young guy like Goff.

I was there and just now watching it for first time on TV. This cracked me up from Joe Buck.....”if the game comes down to the foot of one of these kickers, the advantage definitely goes to Ryan Longwell and the Vikings.

That was the game that ultimately led to me now being on blood pressure medication.

yeah that game was brutal on my cardiovascular system.

I drank so much alcohol, was so sauced pre game.

Kickoff? stone cold sober. Had so much nervous energy it literally made me sober. So i remember the entire game.

The fact that we had to challenge the pylon TD by Bush was ridiculous.

That Vikings team was great. Turnovers and sheer will is what won it for the Saints.

Saints Defense this year is "better" and stronger, Defense of 2009 was very opportunistic. Saints Offense this year is not as dominant, but is still very good. Favre was a savvy vet, but turnovers by the gunslinger were the difference. I think this year it will be turnovers by the young QB who is rattled by the crowd noise that will turn the game.

I started recording the game with 4 minutes left in the first quarter when it was already 7-7. I'm gonna have to catch that bit later on youtube or something. I want to watch the entire game. I was thinking about watching it yesterday and was hoping NFLN would air it.

Watching it again that was probably one of the worst games we played that entire season. The 5 turnovers are the only reason we were able to pull that one off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom