[Merged] Cam Newton: Patriots would’ve released me whether I missed time or not (1 Viewer)

What’s with the consensus over analytical hate towards Cam on here?
:shrug:
This is football

At least he was able to admit it 😁

A little more
Because You blow

Cam Newton has the persona of Terrell Owens while being the 3rd best QB in his division. He is not making the HoF.

Cam Newton’s win/loss is very similar to Andy Dalton.

Cam75631.543
Andy74662.528
🤣🤣🤣 I would put romo in the hof before cam and he barely qualifies as hall of very good. It's still a shame this clown got a mvp and drew didnt

Cam's issue isn't talent.

Cam's issue is...Cam.
Actually, it's both. He's never been a good pocket passer and the second he lost a step and injuries started piling up he became below average. This was easily predictable. It is what happens to running QB's that don't learn how to play QB.

This is what the history of great running QB's look like. This is the best case scenarios among those that never learn to be a good QB in the pocket.
Rookie season- Wow the league with athletic ability
2nd season- Regress some due to defenses figuring out weaknesses
3rd season- Slowly get better at the mental aspect of the game combined with athletic ability begin to get tons of hype.
4th season- Athletic ability is at prime, passing ability is maximized due to athletic ability.
5th season- Sign monster contract, team builds around the QB.
6th season- Team has too much invested in the athletic QB and tries to prevent the athletic QB from being athletic
7th season- decline begins from a Rb with an arm trying to play QB
8th season- disaster
9th season- disaster as stop gap or backup
10th season- out the league

Newton made it a season longer than I expected.

It's why if I were the Ravens I would trade Lamar Jackson for a king's ransom after this season. Let some other team pay him. Sure, he looks like a great QB now but that is only because of the way defenses are forced to play him because of his legs. Once a team throws $200M at him they will want to protect him. It's why you don't see Rb's get huge contracts anymore. If you treat your QB like a RB he wont last long. You don't give $200M to a RB.

It's the same reason why I continued to say Taysom was too old to ever really be considered the future of the franchise. He had to show massive improvements as a pocket passer to make that happen and that rarely happens at the speed in which coaches and fans like.

It amazes me that it was just a few years ago we had some on this board pushing for the Saints to cut Drew loose and give Carolina anything they wanted for Newton.

"When you bring a Cam Newton to your facility, when you bring a Cam Newton to your franchise, people are interested.”

Hopefully not for much longer. No disrespect to Cam, he's done really well for himself (MVP, Super Bowl appearance etc) - but at this point the only reason people care is because he wears silly hats. Let's move on already...

Yes, Cam... they would have cut you either way because:

A) You embrace an attention-seeking, persona-driven gimmick in the same building as Bill Belichick.

B) You sort of... aren't any good.

Actually, it's both. He's never been a good pocket passer and the second he lost a step and injuries started piling up he became below average. This was easily predictable. It is what happens to running QB's that don't learn how to play QB.

This is what the history of great running QB's look like. This is the best case scenarios among those that never learn to be a good QB in the pocket.
Rookie season- Wow the league with athletic ability
2nd season- Regress some due to defenses figuring out weaknesses
3rd season- Slowly get better at the mental aspect of the game combined with athletic ability begin to get tons of hype.
4th season- Athletic ability is at prime, passing ability is maximized due to athletic ability.
5th season- Sign monster contract, team builds around the QB.
6th season- Team has too much invested in the athletic QB and tries to prevent the athletic QB from being athletic
7th season- decline begins from a Rb with an arm trying to play QB
8th season- disaster
9th season- disaster as stop gap or backup
10th season- out the league

Newton made it a season longer than I expected.

It's why if I were the Ravens I would trade Lamar Jackson for a king's ransom after this season. Let some other team pay him. Sure, he looks like a great QB now but that is only because of the way defenses are forced to play him because of his legs. Once a team throws $200M at him they will want to protect him. It's why you don't see Rb's get huge contracts anymore. If you treat your QB like a RB he wont last long. You don't give $200M to a RB.

It's the same reason why I continued to say Taysom was too old to ever really be considered the future of the franchise. He had to show massive improvements as a pocket passer to make that happen and that rarely happens at the speed in which coaches and fans like.
But who's fault is it the gifted young athlete or the coach who exploits their talent without nurturing their passing ability? Guys like that are spotted in middle school. Also, I think Lamar's arm is underrated but the Raiven's system will not allow him to grow as a passer. It's the nature of the league, get everything out of a player while he's in his prime.

Cam Newton says his "aura" -- his hairstyle, the way he talks, the way he dresses and the way he dances -- is the reason Bill Belichick cut him last month.
That "interview" definitely won't help help him find a team...

Yeah Cam it wasn't that you were too lazy to learn or screwing around in practice...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom