Merged Complaints About Copper (and merged again and again....) (1 Viewer)

Colston missed a grab he usually pulls in on the play before that fumble. Should we cut him, too?

Get over it. As has been said a million times already, he's a backup and did a decent job. Just wish Drew could have found someone else to throw it to with that last throw. But that's just backwards thinking. If Copper had have held onto the ball and Deuce run it in next play or a slot to Reggie or Colston for a TD we'd all be singing a different story and PRAISING Copper.

It is no way you put the ball in this guys hands in the clutch. Colston, Bush, or Deuce should have had the ball thrown to them. Anyone who is reliable at catching the ball and getting out of bounds. A little screen play to Bush or Devery
would have been a nice play and to get out of bounds. It's no way Copper would have gotten the ball the way he dropped passes right in his hands. I am really POed at this game and we let this one slip away also. We spot teams 14 or 20 something odd points and we come back and turn the ball over considerably and they score at our D expense. MISTAKES,MISTAKES,MISTAKES!!! You just can't win in the league like that. Players should be accountable for all of that. Bush, Copper, Carney, and the whole defense. Just don't make sense. Learn how to finsh games. Also, Carney is missing big-time field goals out there. He miss field goals in big games. What's the problem, cause I have no idea. Discipline huh Payton! It seems like we can not beat an AFC team at all, not at all.

Last edited:
It is no way you put the ball in this guys hands in the clutch. Colston, Bush, or Deuce should have had the ball thrown to them. Anyone who is reliable at catching the ball and getting out of bounds. A little screen play to Bush or Devery
would have been a nice play and to get out of bounds. It's no way Copper would have gotten the ball the way he dropped passes right in his hands. I am really POed at this game and we let this one slip away also. We spot teams 14 or 20 something odd points and we come back and turn the ball over considerably and they score at our D expense. MISTAKES,MISTAKES,MISTAKES!!! You just can't win in the league like that. Players should be accountable for all of that. Bush, Copper, Carney, and the whole defense. Just don't make sense. Learn how to finsh games. Also, Carney is missing big-time field goals out there. He miss field goals in big games. What's the problem, cause I have no idea. Discipline huh Payton! It seems like we can not beat an AFC team at all, not at all.

Why not give Copper the ball? He hadn't dropped a pass all day and I think he has one drop on the year....

Your letting your emotions get to you.

Carney had his second miss of the year yesteday. He also has a game winning FG this year. Hes not missing big kicks. Did you see their kicker yesterday. Reed is considered a great kicker and he even missed a short one. Its obvious the balls were really hard and the weather had something to do with it. Plus on carney's kick it was a high snap and wasn't ever planted right.

As for our D...yeah yeah we turned it over but those turnovers were = to a punt since they were both deep in Steeler territory. Theres no excuse for our D to not hold when we give them the field and the Steelers have 80 yards to go both times.

>>Go pound sand.

Didn't Charlton Heston do that in the original Planet of the Apes Movie?

TPdamnyouapeS

>>Those two big runs by Parker were unacceptable.

We missed Fred Thomas in run support. We missed Steve Gleason in Special Teams support. We missed Joe Horn on offense. I think I'm going to make a thread about it!

TPS

Il admit I was super mad at copper for that fumble, but ultimately, the 2 long runs and Bushes fumble were the keys. If copperholds on we are still might only get the score for a tie, not a win, then hope for a coin toss in OT. On Bushes fumble, we are up seven got the momentum and moving the ball. Well the two runs just sapped the D.

I really didn't see the play, right after Deuce scored I had to help my neighbor and when I got back Big Ben was kneeling, I freakin upset but not as much if I watched it live... I say don't blame Copper entirely.. Reggie and the defense should have equal blame too.

now I really hate this pic though:(

8d7a5085-2c1e-4cdc-83cb-13dd2c8eae4.jpg

Craft and Copper, good bye. Don't expect them to play verse the Bengals. Sean Peyton doesn't put up with that crap.

Whats the status of Fred Thomas? God I hope we dont see craft next week against the potent Bengal attack.

i agree with everyone here. I wanted to choke Copper out after that lpay since it was so huge to try and get us the win. But looking at the game as a whole he played well for a backup and made som enice plays. Defense gave up way to many yards, fumbles, missed kicks. Everyone contributed to this loss even tho it was a fun hard fought game. clean up the mistakes and we close this one out earlier.

Copper had a good game emphasis "HAD"

6 catches 92 yds, TD (I think)

He made a big mistake, simply put if we didn't turn the ball over the saints win by 14

You guys REALLY want something to attribute this to?

Let's try bad clock management for the freaking loss.

2-2-NO38 (2:48) D.McAllister right guard to NO 39 for 1 yard (C.Haggans, T.Carter).
3-1-NO39 (2:08) D.Brees pass short right to M.Campbell to NO 44 for 5 yards (J.Farrior, C.Hampton).

Why in the hell does it take 40 seconds to run a play after a 1-yard run between the tackles? We should have ran at LEAST two more plays...

Good Stuff. Hope I don't ever drop a beer while watching the game with you guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom