[Merged] Davenport has pectoral injury. (Update per Rapoport: suffered a strain, will miss time but expected back "sooner rather than later") (1 Viewer)

BooBirdSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Every team gets hit by the injury bug. Niners lost starting CB Verett (season) and RB Moestert (8 weeks). All our guys will be back by the bye. Big difference between 6 weeks and the season considering its a longer season.

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Every team gets hit by the injury bug. Niners lost starting CB Verett (season) and RB Moestert (8 weeks). All our guys will be back by the bye. Big difference between 6 weeks and the season considering its a longer season.
It's been pretty encouraging, but our problem is this injuries don't stop. Then, we get into the playoffs all nicked out

BooBirdSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's been pretty encouraging, but our problem is this injuries don't stop. Then, we get into the playoffs all nicked out
Yes but think about all those game snaps that we are giving to backups. If they need to step in we will know that they can pick up and meet the performance standard. Adebo played 100% of the snaps last Sunday. Had Roby been available then Adebo might not have gotten a go. We also feel a lot better about Ruiz at center. And all those snaps for Roach will payoff when Onyemata does comes back.

saintmdterps

I've been dreamin', floatin' down the stream and..
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And the calf is waaaay too close to the Achilles for my liking.
The gastrocnemius (calf muscle) inserts at the Achilles tendon so these two are indeed wired closely. A calf strain is higher up the leg. It's going to be sore for awhile, but my concern now is possible tearing which can only be revealed with an MRI.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This Team always manages its injuries well. Payton is a good game planner and this Team is talented enough to weather the storm until everyone is healthy and ready to return then we will go on ANOTHER tear once Thomas, Onyematta, McCoy, Lattimore and TQS are back.

saintmdterps

VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt the initial test would have missed an achilles tear.
It's not an Achilles tear. You'll know you've ruptured or torn your Achilles if it feels like you got kicked in the lower leg and no one was around.

Belfast Saint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I suppose what will be interesting is if McCoy is out for 4-6 weeks and Ruiz settles in at Center, would they bring McCoy back at RG? I still think McCoy would be a better guard than Ruiz longer term.

saintmdterps

VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No experience with calf strains.
4-6 weeks for me and I'm not an elite athlete. I also don't have access to the high-level rehab. My rehab consists of walking, light stretching, and beer.

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
File photo of strained calf.

132_0zo52kmffy4x8edx.png

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Lol that tweet was a mini roller coaster of emotion. He was going to be fine but then they did more tests...

Hedon James

the agitant f/k/a Jekylz Hyde
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I suppose what will be interesting is if McCoy is out for 4-6 weeks and Ruiz settles in at Center, would they bring McCoy back at RG? I still think McCoy would be a better guard than Ruiz longer term.
That was MY immediate thought too!

I remember reading we drafted Ruiz to play C, with McCoy at G; but covid affected OTAs, preseason, etc... and "stunted" the Ruiz at C plan. Then McCoy balled out, playing C at an All-Pro level, and coaches didn't want to mess with success. Hard to argue against that.

But with McCoy injured, it's the perfect opportunity to try out Ruiz at C. If Ruiz balls out, make the switch permanent with McCoy to RG (where he started, before switching to C). Worst case scenario, switch 'em back when McCoy is ready.

In the meantime, Throckmorton is getting valuable reps at G, despite being a T in college. And Landon Young (rookie) is still waiting in wings for more seasoning. While Peat is one of our 5 best OL, he is the weakest link of starters, IMO. And he gets hurt often. And although seeming to get more durable with age, Armstead is usually out several games a season. And given that Peat kicks out to LT when Armstead is out, we've been extremely lucky IMO that we've rarely (ever?) had Peat and Armstead both injured at the same time. Throckmorton snaps (and Young, when it happens) are a step in the right direction to strengthening our options when that does happen, and statistically speaking, it will at some point. While not ideal, this does bode well for the future!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom