[Merged] Davenport has pectoral injury. (Update per Rapoport: suffered a strain, will miss time but expected back "sooner rather than later") (1 Viewer)

Quiet Storm

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Is he saying that “back sooner than later” was the original thought, but now, after further testing, it’s not? Or that “back sooner than later” was the original thought but we’ll have to wait for the test results to be sure?
I think it's the second part.

saints4eva

We are the Who Dat Nation-we will always persevere
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

HouseCall

Resist, Ronald, resist!
Reaction score
Lots of stuff to unpack in the tweet.

I assume it means that the initial thought is a calf strain and that he’s getting further tests to confirm.

but use of the word “was” is interesting and the phrasing of “that was before further testing” makes it feel like they discovered something else - but I’m not sure if that’s definitely what he’s saying.

I guess we’ll know soon enough.

BarBar

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Damn. He was a one man wrecking crew out there against the Packers. This is a bit loss. I am sorry to say it but he cannot be counted on. Regardless of talent, he is looking like a bust.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Damn. He was a one man wrecking crew out there against the Packers. This is a bit loss. I am sorry to say it but he cannot be counted on. Regardless of talent, he is looking like a bust.
If he gets the pectoral healed up maybe they just need to think about using him more strategically in a rotation. Try fewer reps to cut down rate of injury.

Dunno. He clearly has the talent. Could be some kind of mismatch with his natural frame/body type and the bulk he has added. That doesn't work for some with more stress on joints, tendons, muscles etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom