[Merged] Davenport has pectoral injury. (Update per Rapoport: suffered a strain, will miss time but expected back "sooner rather than later") (2 Viewers)

I tore my calf muscle in high school. I missed two weeks, and played on it week 3.
I should not have played as it hurt, but I would rather play hurt, than sit on the bench. (To this day, I despise sissies!)
Our team doctor was one of my best friend's dad, so he cleared me a week early.
My coach still has no clue. LOL. I was 17, so it healed pretty fast.
I would imagine with modern day technology, (Not so much in 1981) McCoy would miss 1-2 games at the most.
Depending on the tear. My tear was 60%.

Got hit with some big injuries but thankfully none seem to be season threatening. We usually complain about an early bye, but that week 6 bye couldn’t have come at a better time.

I should be more worried but just seeing how dominant we were, with what I believe is the best coaching staff in the league, we will be ok.

Every team gets hit by the injury bug. Niners lost starting CB Verett (season) and RB Moestert (8 weeks). All our guys will be back by the bye. Big difference between 6 weeks and the season considering its a longer season.

Every team gets hit by the injury bug. Niners lost starting CB Verett (season) and RB Moestert (8 weeks). All our guys will be back by the bye. Big difference between 6 weeks and the season considering its a longer season.
It's been pretty encouraging, but our problem is this injuries don't stop. Then, we get into the playoffs all nicked out

It's been pretty encouraging, but our problem is this injuries don't stop. Then, we get into the playoffs all nicked out
Yes but think about all those game snaps that we are giving to backups. If they need to step in we will know that they can pick up and meet the performance standard. Adebo played 100% of the snaps last Sunday. Had Roby been available then Adebo might not have gotten a go. We also feel a lot better about Ruiz at center. And all those snaps for Roach will payoff when Onyemata does comes back.

And the calf is waaaay too close to the Achilles for my liking.
The gastrocnemius (calf muscle) inserts at the Achilles tendon so these two are indeed wired closely. A calf strain is higher up the leg. It's going to be sore for awhile, but my concern now is possible tearing which can only be revealed with an MRI.

This Team always manages its injuries well. Payton is a good game planner and this Team is talented enough to weather the storm until everyone is healthy and ready to return then we will go on ANOTHER tear once Thomas, Onyematta, McCoy, Lattimore and TQS are back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom