[Merged] Davenport has pectoral injury. (Update per Rapoport: suffered a strain, will miss time but expected back "sooner rather than later") (2 Viewers)

Oh, but if I question Hill's tweets, I am an butt crevasse...

... the again, I am an butt crevasse :hihi:

Softball get ya everytime lol.... maybe it's because a bunch of us middle aged men are still trying to ball like we are in our prime lol.
Maybe our muscles are still ready to go but the connecting tissues are saying Nope

Years ago my uncle sustained a partial Achilles tear in a softball game and said it felt like he'd been shot.
A calf strain can feel pretty severe as well. Around 5 years ago I was playing full court pickup basketball for like the 3rd day in a row and made a move with the ball and it felt like someone shot me in my left calf with a pellet gun. I thought I hurt my achilles or tore a muscle, but the doc said it was a severe strain. I was off my feet for a couple of days and then only walking for two weeks. Jogging after than and a whole month before I even tried to play hoops again.

I would imagine a world class athlete like McCoy will recover a lot quicker than my old self did, but a bad calf strain can be a little scary because the immediate pain is pretty severe.

A calf strain can feel pretty severe as well. Around 5 years ago I was playing full court pickup basketball for like the 3rd day in a row and made a move with the ball and it felt like someone shot me in my left calf with a pellet gun. I thought I hurt my achilles or tore a muscle, but the doc said it was a severe strain. I was off my feet for a couple of days and then only walking for two weeks. Jogging after than and a whole month before I even tried to play hoops again.

I would imagine a world class athlete like McCoy will recover a lot quicker than my old self did, but a bad calf strain can be a little scary because the immediate pain is pretty severe.
Lol, I can't remember the last time I did anything 3 days in a row.....day 1 let's go! Ready for day 2... wakeup on Day 2,3,4,5. Regretting day 1

Lol, I can't remember the last time I did anything 3 days in a row.....day 1 let's go! Ready for day 2... wakeup on Day 2,3,4,5. Regretting day 1
LOL. I was under 50 then and still paid the price. These days I am lucky if I get on the court once every two weeks because my knees will hurt for that long after playing hoops.

If he gets the pectoral healed up maybe they just need to think about using him more strategically in a rotation. Try fewer reps to cut down rate of injury.

Dunno. He clearly has the talent. Could be some kind of mismatch with his natural frame/body type and the bulk he has added. That doesn't work for some with more stress on joints, tendons, muscles etc.

Isn't this along the same lines of why O-line, D-line, TEs in football and Power Forwards/Centers in basketball take a while to completely develop and really reach their prime around 27/28? They just take longer to develop because of their size.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom