[Merged] Davenport has pectoral injury. (Update per Rapoport: suffered a strain, will miss time but expected back "sooner rather than later") (1 Viewer)

Is Davenports "sooner than later" return the same as McCoy's? Which is six ******* weeks!
Davenport is a little tricky... Because a PEC tear is a season ender if that strain isn't fully healed. So, we are probably gonna shut him down till he's 110% healthy.

If there was ever a time for Davenport to miss time, this is it. Carolina looked underwhelming. New England looks solid, but is Mac Jones ready for the Saints defense? The Giants? DYSFUNCTIONAL. Washington? looked underwhelming. If the Saints are going to be a playoff team, this is a stretch where they need to go 3-1 or 4-0. They need to be undefeated or a one loss team going into their bye, because the stretch after that is ROUGH.

Even without Davenport, the Saints defense is an extremely deep and talented group. Baun finished with 12.5 sacks in his final year at Wisconsin. Could see him a lot as an edge rusher in 3-3-5 sets that Allen showed glimpses of against the Packers.

If there was ever a time for Davenport to miss time, this is it. Carolina looked underwhelming. New England looks solid, but is Mac Jones ready for the Saints defense? The Giants? DYSFUNCTIONAL. Washington? looked underwhelming. If the Saints are going to be a playoff team, this is a stretch where they need to go 3-1 or 4-0. They need to be undefeated or a one loss team going into their bye, because the stretch after that is ROUGH.
If we can get from here to the bye at 4-1 and no injuries other than the ones already sustained we should be loaded after the bye which is good because we will need it. It seems like pretty much everyone hurt right now is projected to be back "after the bye".

File photo of strained calf.

132_0zo52kmffy4x8edx.png
Someone's braver than me. Don't want to touch that diaper.

What makes you think that about a strain? As long as they let it heal for a few weeks and maybe put some tape or whatever he should be good to go in about 3-6 weeks
Technically, a strain is muscle tearing and can be anything up to a complete rupture. So just calling it a strain isn't very informative as we have no idea the severity. Could be mild strain that just needs a bit of rest (grade I - mild), one with more extensive damage that can take 2-4 months (grade II - mod/sever) or complete rupture (grade III) requiring surgery. Teams are vague, as they should be. So imma just wait til they tell us how long he's out because I can't guess based on what they've told us.

That’s a good one. Send him to Europe with LeBron and Tom Brady for "Therapy"
Yep. Kobe Bryant, too. His knees were in really bad shape, but he went to Germany (I think) and had some voodoo platelet treatment that made everything get better.

Another one: Bartolo Colon was cooked in MLB, but went to some magical Caribbean doctor and was throwing 98 mph again.

I'm sorry, but there's no way these seemingly Teflon guys in their late 30s and beyond aren't using something.

Yep. Kobe Bryant, too. His knees were in really bad shape, but he went to Germany (I think) and had some voodoo platelet treatment that made everything get better.

Another one: Bartolo Colon was cooked in MLB, but went to some magical Caribbean doctor and was throwing 98 mph again.

I'm sorry, but there's no way these seemingly Teflon guys in their late 30s and beyond aren't using something.
Let them. Not anabolic steroids but a lot of the banned substances are just good therapy.

its not voodoo - its PRP ( platelet rich plasma ) therapy- bombarding the injury with additional platelets ( adding to what your body normally produces during healing process )
The platelets come from your own body- just concentrated for healing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom