[Merged] Gayle Benson (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I took the time to watch the Ch 4 WWL TV Special at 6:30pm following the local news tonight. It was an interview with Mrs. Gayle Benson and delved into everything from when Tom first met her to her desire to keep Tom's legacy going in the New Orleans community. First let me say that this woman is very easy to admire... but MUCH more for who she IS than for what she has. It is very easy to see from the broadcast how much she is loved by the players, the coaches, the staff and by every person who has the pleasure of meeting her.

If Tom Benson didn't do anything else right in his life, there is no doubt in my mind that he made the right decision about who best to hand over his empire. Though I've seen her in person, greeted her, and felt her response to be genuine, it was a real joy to learn so much about what makes her such a wonderful person. I don't believe we could have a better owner of the New Orleans sports franchises that she controls. For at least as long as she is around, I know our beloved teams will be in good hands! :9:

I caught some of it too. Agree about Gayle. Something about Eric Paulson bothers me though. He was yelling at Sheba Turk on the morning news today.

I have been generally impressed by her ownership style. Let the football people manage the football stuff. Reap the profits. She is a consummate businessperson like Tom Benson RIP.

I caught some of it too. Agree about Gayle. Something about Eric Paulson bothers me though. He was yelling at Sheba Turk on the morning news today.
Well, I certainly didn't watch it for Eric.
I was just glad to see how down to earth she is with everyone she meets. And the Saints players love her!

I missed most of it. I misunderstood the time and recorded the wrong thing.

She is first class, which is exactly how she runs the Saints. Don’t think for a moment that potential free agents didn’t take note when the Saints paid over $400,000 in bonus money to Oakafor even though he missed his incentive by 1 Sack. There aren’t many Teams that would have done so. I’m talking to you Bengals, Browns and a host of others. I’ve heard of Players missing an incentive by very small amounts and not being compensated. We as Fans, The Players, and the City are indeed lucky to have had Mr Benson and now Gayle.

Turns out I DID get the whole thing. I LOVE her even more now.

She's real. Good (Gayle) triumphed over evil (the 3 Rs). The trouble those 3 put he and Gayle through is truly unconscionable. They were selfish and didn't see what Tom made Gayle give up to completely cleave to him during their marriage. Tom chose well.

Last edited:
I missed most of it. I misunderstood the time and recorded the wrong thing.

That’s understandable Marsha. And all was forgiven I’m sure as long as whatever meal you were preparing while barefoot and pregnant pleased your husband.

That’s understandable Marsha. And all was forgiven I’m sure as long as whatever meal you were preparing while barefoot and pregnant pleased your husband.
I'll choose to ignore that and remind you tomorrrow is Kiss a ginger day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom