[Merged] Hats Off to Dalton (1 Viewer)

I just would like some people to actually act like our qb was playing off a acl tear a broken back and a bum ankle instead of wanting to be right about him being trash and celebrating the backup for a soso losing performance lol
It would be easy if before the injury he was playing consistently great football and a totally different player than he was in Tampa. But he isn’t and the bad throws, indecision and inability to read a defense are exactly who he was in Tampa. He’s not an NFL starting QB and neither is Dalton for that matter but you go with who runs our offense better and this year I think it’s Dalton. He’s injured but he’s an injured bad QB.

The comment you are quoting did not say "ANY" game . It said ALMOST any game.

BoNcHiE said:

Guys, I like Jameis. Have supported him pretty heavily. But citing a game where he threw for 150 yards over a year ago as some kind of "own" is just silly. That GB game was incredibly odd and flukey, and all of us said it at the time.

Dalton was a better overall passer today than we've seen from Winston in almost all his starts because he's so streaky. And it's not week 1 of 2021 anymore. He's had an ACL tear and a broken back since then.

Nothing was fluky about that game. I'll take a fluky 5 touchdown win over anything. Once again, yards don't win games. Touchdowns do.

This is Dalton's first game as a saint. Winston has had multiple games better than this one.

What he said and what you're agreeing with is still false. Winston had 14 TDS and 3 ints before he got injuired. Heck he was playing well against tampa before he got injured.

You're really trying to diminish a quarterback who accounted for pretty much all our TDs against the packers, in a game which was a blowout, to playing average in a losing effort?

If the Vikings could catch dalton could have possibly had 3 or 4 more ints.

He played decent,but what winston did last year with the little he had was more impressive, sorry.

I've lowered the bar to competent and that is what we got today, competent. Yay.
I was on the same level. I expected competent after weeks of struggle bus performances. I really wish Dalton could of make the throws to win game, but he really never been that guy. Just more of the same.

Andy dalton had a top 6 wr in aj green a beast in mixon and a physical defense been to

he looked better because the line looked better but I’m sure some will say that’s because Jameis holding the ball too long or didn’t change the play when the rb whiffed on the block on a blitz but hey what I seen today was a improvement even though right before the half he fumbled looking like Jameis under pressure take away those 3 points and what we have is a tie game but he was perfect today lol
We weren't being obviously blitzed the same way we had been with Jameis.. I'm not really sure what all goes into that but for whatever reason(s) the defense didn't just pin their ears back and blitz the crap out of us all day long today.

Nothing was fluky about that game. I'll take a fluky 5 touchdown win over anything. Once again, yards don't win games. Touchdowns do.

This is Dalton's first game as a saint. Winston has had multiple games better than this one.

What he said and what you're agreeing with is still false. Winston had 14 TDS and 3 ints before he got injuired. Heck he was playing well against tampa before he got injured.

You're really trying to diminish a quarterback who accounted for pretty much all our TDs against the packers, in a game which was a blowout, to playing average in a losing effort?

If the Vikings could catch dalton could have possibly had 3 or 4 more ints.

He played decent,but what winston did last year with the little he had was more impressive, sorry.
Winston is simply not a good QB .
I've watched every game he has played as a Saint.
He flashes good play at times, but floodlights poor play the rest of the time.
In my opinion, this is not a matter of opinion.
But this forum says otherwise.
So be it.
It is all part of the fun, and on to the next game.

Winston had 148 passing yards that game and 55 yards came on one play. Defense and special teams dominated that game but they don’t care about that. They pick and choose stats to blindly defend winston

Who accounted for 5 touchdowns though? Did the defense or special teams score 5 touchdowns? It would a good all around game,but it's up to the offense to put the ball in the endzone.

The fact is winston accounted for 5 touchdowns, and that's the most important stat. At the end who has the most points win,not yards.

We weren't being obviously blitzed the same way we had been with Jameis.. I'm not really sure what all goes into that but for whatever reason(s) the defense didn't just pin their ears back and blitz the crap out of us all day long today.
They knew Winston was compromise with his knee and furthermore with his back. They blitz him till they could make them pay. Dalton can really burn teams with his legs. Dalton has 129 career rushing 1st downs.

Winston is simply not a good QB .
I've watched every game he has played as a Saint.
He flashes good play at times, but floodlights poor play the rest of the time.
In my opinion, this is not a matter of opinion.
But this forum says otherwise.
So be it.
It is all part of the fun, and on to the next game.
Opinions don't matter, wins and losses do. At this point, we are 1-3. Jameis won one of those games but there's very little to be excited about at this point.

Based on DA's post game interview, it sounds like he's going to play Winston in the next game.

Winston will not be fully healed or mobile, so I think he will get blitzed a lot, hit a lot and injured again.

I don't see any way Winston truly gets healthy or effective this year, but I fully suspect DA to play him into the ground regardless of the W-L record.

Not facepalming you exactly,but if allen plays winston next game, he should get the walking papers.

Let winston fully heal up. Don't throw him in there when he's not healthy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom