[Merged] Hats Off to Dalton (1 Viewer)

Opinions don't matter, wins and losses do. At this point, we are 1-3. Jameis won one of those games but there's very little to be excited about at this point.
That was my point - it is not a matter of opinion that JW is a poor QB.
He is clearly obviously definitely absolutely certainly without-a-doubt a poor QB.
But this forum disputes this.
So as far as this forum goes, opinions matter.
But opinions don't change reality.
The reality that JW is a poor QB.
A great guy with a rocket arm and occasional good if not great play --
but ultimately a less than good QB.

He played well. I saw alot of people saying he wasn't going to be much better like he wasn't even worth giving him a shot.

He played well. I saw alot of people saying he wasn't going to be much better like he wasn't even worth giving him a shot.
WHO said that? I think the only thing remotely close to that was that he was going to struggle without Peat, MT, and Kamara. Which is a fair assessment.

WHO said that? I think the only thing remotely close to that was that he was going to struggle without Peat, MT, and Kamara. Which is a fair assessment.
Well you did have the people who read into Keyshawn's statement/non-statement that Dalton's arm was shot LOL..

Who accounted for 5 touchdowns though? Did the defense or special teams score 5 touchdowns? It would a good all around game,but it's up to the offense to put the ball in the endzone.

The fact is winston accounted for 5 touchdowns, and that's the most important stat. At the end who has the most points win,not yards.
Im not saying he had a bad game that game. But you’re pointing out an anomaly stat and acting like those 5 TDs were all winston. The actual fact is, 148 passing yards says that not the case

Last edited:
I think DA feels pressure to let Winston play. He hasn't been making Winston play, he's been letting Winston play.
No surprise I think you are wrong. If he really doesn’t “want” JW to play, but is bowing to “pressure “ who is applying the pressure???

Mickey? Nope. Gayle? Lol. All the players? Come on man. Just some players? Lol. You trying to bait.

If DA risks his last chance to be an HC because some force is pressuring him to do what he does not think is best then he should be fired.

No surprise I think you are wrong. If he really doesn’t “want” JW to play, but is bowing to “pressure “ who is applying the pressure???

Mickey? Nope. Gayle? Lol. All the players? Come on man. Just some players? Lol. You trying to bait.

If DA risks his last chance to be an HC because some force is pressuring him to do what he does not think is best then he should be fired.
IDK, Dennis "Be everyone's friend mentality" style could be plausible. Dennis got to stop being these players friend. Sean was a hard arse for the longest time till they started winning and it was back to business once Monday/Tuesday hit.

That was my point - it is not a matter of opinion that JW is a poor QB.
He is clearly obviously definitely absolutely certainly without-a-doubt a poor QB.
But this forum disputes this.
So as far as this forum goes, opinions matter.
But opinions don't change reality.
The reality that JW is a poor QB.
A great guy with a rocket arm and occasional good if not great play --
but ultimately a less than good QB.
last year in his limited preseason play Jameis hit on two beautiful passes. Both were low probability passes but he connected on both. Many put on their rose-colored glasses and created a fantasy relm where that would be typical Winston.

It wasn't in the past, it isn't today, and it never will be.

Maybe the future play for the Saints is to tank the next 3 seasons and build up draft capitol to lock in Arch.

Nothing was fluky about that game. I'll take a fluky 5 touchdown win over anything. Once again, yards don't win games. Touchdowns do.

This is Dalton's first game as a saint. Winston has had multiple games better than this one.

What he said and what you're agreeing with is still false. Winston had 14 TDS and 3 ints before he got injuired. Heck he was playing well against tampa before he got injured.

You're really trying to diminish a quarterback who accounted for pretty much all our TDs against the packers, in a game which was a blowout, to playing average in a losing effort?

If the Vikings could catch dalton could have possibly had 3 or 4 more ints.

He played decent,but what winston did last year with the little he had was more impressive, sorry.

Healthy 2021 Winston is not the same as Injured 2022 Winston.

This is funny. Jameis through for 148 yards. SP laid down the law that JW you will not beat us. JW doesn't need to be the topic anymore. We got our answer on him.

Do yards win games or do 5 touchdowns win games?

Question

Would you rather have a QB throw for 148,but account for 5 touchdowns.

Or a QB to have 500 yards and throw for

0 or 1 touchdown?

What's funny is the fact that you think yards are greater than touchdowns. That's what really funny.

QB: Throws for 148 yards,but accounts for 5 touchdowns and wins in blow fashion.

Some saints fans: But,but,but he only threw for 148 yards. Forget those 5 touchdowns he accounted for, WE WANT MORE YARDS.

Once again yards don't win games. How many QBs have thrown for 300 plus yards and still lose?

Not facepalming you exactly,but if allen plays winston next game, he should get the walking papers.

Let winston fully heal up. Don't throw him in there when he's not healthy.

I'm half expecting DA to play Winston next game, even with the cracked vertebras. Dalton is nothing special but as long as he isn't turning the ball over, we gotta ride with him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom