[Merged] Hats Off to Dalton (1 Viewer)

Rings? 1 and to answer @IlovemySaints , it took him 9 seasons to get one.
And again, your rings question does nothing to negate what was said. I just showed you that majority of Brees' prime, he was top 3 in interceptions thrown and the only thing that "fixed" it was father time. The "rings" question seem more like an emotional response to a fact that you never knew, like when Shaq throws it out.
And remember it took Darren sharper having a record breaking year in interceptions and a Tracy porter pick 6 but hey it was all drew onside kick never happened as well

So Payton quit because of Winston. You actually hit the Post Reply button on that statement.

It’s gonna be a long week on the boards, for sure. 😂
If you understood what I wrote, you would not have asked that. I made no mention of, nor do I know all the reasons Payton left. My point is that if Payton really believed there was a star QB inside Jameis he would still be here.

Is Winston not a Saint??? Shouldn't you be pulling for him too???
Yeah, he is a Saint... who should not be starting over AD. I was pulling for him at the start of the season. I wish he would become the best QB of all time as a Saint, but it's clear he is not good and this team suffers with him at QB. He is terrible and this is crystal clear. I will never have to eat my words on this because he will never be great.

Dalton at least knew where to go with the ball, Winston was dropping back waiting for a big play to happen.

Yeah, he is a Saint... who should not be starting over AD. I was pulling for him at the start of the season. I wish he would become the best QB of all time as a Saint, but it's clear he is not good and this team suffers with him at QB. He is terrible and this is crystal clear. I will never have to eat my words on this because he will never be great.
So, according to you, Winston is THE sole reason why this offense is struggling.

Well here's hoping that DA and the rest of the staff doesn't share your feelings on this matter or else we are in for a miserable ride.

Winston has a lot of games under the bridge. Payton tried to redeem him in the same way he did with Drew. If Payton thought Jameis was the guy he'd still be here.

I'm surprised that few Winston fans understood that Sean's departure was the final word on Winston's career.
Then DA should have pushed for another QB, via the draft or FA.

Dalton at least knew where to go with the ball, Winston was dropping back waiting for a big play to happen.
Ya, right to another loss.

.... until Jameis is healthy
I don't agree. Injuries don't make it so you can't read blitzes. They don't make you throw it deep into double coverage when a wide-open man is waiting for a 1st down. They don't make you make poor decisions.
The on;y hope JW ever had to shed that old JW way was Payton. He kept him in check and knew when to let him loose. Now with SP gone PC is no QB whisperer and DA really has no fire. I don't care who is at QB as long as it gives us the best chance to win. Even if JW IS healthy he has reverted back to the Tampa JW

Right but a lot of people don’t want to say that truth. Payton left this team (wouldn’t say quit b/c I do think he has a right to choose whatever path he wants for himself) but he did leave and he left us w/o many options at QB plus a lack of options at other positions as well. He is the one who drafted Ruiz, Trautman, Turner. Three sub players right now. Hopefully they can turn it around but that’s what we have right now. I choose to support them instead of bashing them like I choose to support JW b/c he is our QB1, not DA’s choice necessarily but he was Payton’s. Then Payton left.

Was JW resigned under Payton or Allen? I thought it was Allen.

Last week, head coach Dennis Allen, general manager Mickey Loomis, and owner Gayle Benson attempted to recruit former Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson. Watson decided to accept a very lucrative contract from the Cleveland Browns.

Winston was communicating with Indianapolis and New Orleans before re-signing with the Saints.

New Orleans will open training camp with Jameis Winston as the starter

I just would like some people to actually act like our qb was playing off a acl tear a broken back and a bum ankle instead of wanting to be right about him being trash and celebrating the backup for a soso losing performance lol
You're not getting it. NONE of those injuries affected his judgment! His lack of ability to read a blitz. In fact, those injuries should have made him more conservative and NOT try and fling it way down the field into double coverage. And like I've said before, he's a QB not a RB or WR the ACL would not affect him like it would those positions.
I was cautiously mildly optimistic for JW going into this season. But without Payton to hold him in check, he is back to being an injured JW he was in Tampa

Do yards win games or do 5 touchdowns win games?

Question

Would you rather have a QB throw for 148,but account for 5 touchdowns.

Or a QB to have 500 yards and throw for

0 or 1 touchdown?

What's funny is the fact that you think yards are greater than touchdowns. That's what really funny.

QB: Throws for 148 yards,but accounts for 5 touchdowns and wins in blow fashion.

Some saints fans: But,but,but he only threw for 148 yards. Forget those 5 touchdowns he accounted for, WE WANT MORE YARDS.

Once again yards don't win games. How many QBs have thrown for 300 plus yards and still lose?

Your 2nd premise has never happened ... Matthew Stafford has the record at 443 yards without a TD against the Falcons on December 22, 2012.

How many rings does Brees have? I forget. How many does Winston have? I forget.

And thanks to those that clown face the fact, Winston is not the answer. It proves my point well.
Eli Manning has two rings and he wasn’t better than Brees.

Meaning you only make binary comparisons to support your emotional argument. It’s Ok that you don’t want JW to be Saints QB, but why poop on every thread and poster that isn’t as brilliant and obviously right as you?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom