[Merged] Hats Off to Dalton (1 Viewer)

Yes, and you keep claiming that theirs a double standard by using a terrible example of "logic" when it's void of any. I just want us to win and yes we lost today but it didn't come down solely to the fumble by Dalton.

We can't point to one instance where Jameis has cost us the game these previous weeks cause their are too many to count. His arent "mistakes", hes just not that good and you see it throughout the entire game. Again if you can't understand the difference then we simply agree to disagree.
You and I are not going to agree. It is what it is. Enjoy your Sunday.

Professional QB running a professional offense. The Vikings knew they couldn’t sell out on the blitz. It was nice not to see the offense in shambles.

He’s not a season saver and he’s not the long term answer, but I think he will give us a better chance than Jameis.

I’ve seen enough of Jameis. I really like the kid and have stayed optimistic and hopeful. Its unfortunate that success doesn’t always lines up with likeability and effort. Jameis has a lot of arm talent but lacks game management skills. I don’t know if he can overcome the latter. We’ve seen it too often in Tampa and now New Orleans, and that flaw leads to bigger issues as the game gets away from him.

Dalton was always in control and stayed poised. That’s important.

Hopefully we find our guy next year and Andy hangs around to back him up and mentor him (if he ends up being a young guy).
People bring up Tampa how did Jameis get to Tampa not by being a winning team

You JW fanbois, 5 TD stat junkies, please do not even start to compare time in the system and time taking practice snaps with the 1st team. AD has VERY LITTLE time with this O as compared to JW, but looked WAY better running it. You JW fans are worse than the delusional AB fans back in the day. JW aint it and is never gonna be it. This is obvious to anyone with a decent football IQ.
Dalton is a vet compared to Jameis he’s around the same age of Matt ryan

The offense felt like it was flowing better today than in quite a while. Still a lot of issues and certainly slower than we saw Drew run it, but mostly effective. That said Jameis had some good games and some bad ones. Heck, even Siemian had a good game. I do hope he gets another start because I'd like to see it play out.

Can’t blame Carmichael today. The offense moved the chains, scored, and looked like what we all expected it to be once Dalton settled in.

I agree. Although I think a lot people that are blaming Carmichael just don’t like this style of offense, which is essentially the same offense we’ve been running for the like 5-6 years. Ball control in terms of TOP, minimize risk/mistakes (in theory obviously we’ve had turnover issues in every game this year), and take shots every so often when you think it’s there.

It’s totally fine to not like this style of offense, and sure I think Payton over the years was a better play caller than Carmichael has shown in these first 4 games so that does factor in (though I’d argue what we saw at the beginning of last season was basically the same albeit with less talent at receiver), but that’s a philosophical issue rather than a playcalling one.

You JW fanbois, 5 TD stat junkies, please do not even start to compare time in the system and time taking practice snaps with the 1st team. AD has VERY LITTLE time with this O as compared to JW, but looked WAY better running it. You JW fans are worse than the delusional AB fans back in the day. JW aint it and is never gonna be it. This is obvious to anyone with a decent football IQ.

Call me when dalton accounts for 5 touchdowns against a packers team who made the playoffs. 😴😴😴.

We corrected a false statement and now you're mad and want to move the goal post.

You were proven wrong. Get over it and get ready to watch the team play Seattle next week.

Winston lives in your head rent free. Didn't even play today,but is still the topic of conversation.

There are people on this forum who would rather us lose out with Winston than have any potential success with Dalton. So they'll be happy to see it.
Maybe. However, at the beginning of the season the exact opposite was true. After the Tampa loss how many came out of the woodwork to pile on? That door swings both ways.

My bad, I misread your post. There are posters that are more satisfied with a Winston loss than a victory.

if Dalton can play every week like he did today.. its good.

everyone goes yaaaaaaaaaa winston, but he aint gonna give you green bay every week

That's not the point. Go back and read the original post and see why the comment was made. To be honest there's not a QB in the NFL who will give you 5 touchdowns every week, so that statement doesn't really matter.

I don't care who our QB is I want to see our team win. I think Winston should sit until he's really healthy. I will say Dalton looked comfortable out there.

Outside of his fumble and a couple of throws that almost got picked he looked like he knew what he was seeing. His short/intermediated passes looked good.

Winston this season has looked like things are going 100mph in his head dissecting a play when things are only really going 35mph.

Last edited:

I agree. Although I think a lot people that are blaming Carmichael just don’t like this style of offense, which is essentially the same offense we’ve been running for the like 5-6 years. Ball control in terms of TOP, minimize risk/mistakes (in theory obviously we’ve had turnover issues in every game this year), and take shots every so often when you think it’s there.

It’s totally fine to not like this style of offense, and sure I think Payton over the years was a better play caller than Carmichael has shown in these first 4 games so that does factor in (though I’d argue what we saw at the beginning of last season was basically the same albeit with less talent at receiver), but that’s a philosophical issue rather than a playcalling one.
The problem with that offense is that it requires a lot of plays to get down field, most of the time. You rely on 12-17 play drives to get downfield...chances are something bad is going to happen to prevent you from scoring.

Strike first, strike fast

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom